This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Change up Taco Tuesday and make these Taco Pockets. Crescent Rolls are easily filled with taco meat and cheese for a delicious taco recipe.
We love making ground beef tacos for dinner at least once a week. Making these taco pockets helps to change up our weekly menu item. Crescent rolls are filled with taco meat and topped with cheese.
Table of Contents
What is a Pocket Taco?
Using crescent rolls makes the perfect crust to make pocket tacos. Combine ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning and cook. Then place on a crescent roll dough with cheese and seal. This quick and easy recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes.
It makes the perfect pocket filled with delicious taco meat. It is the perfect size for small hands or can be served as an appetizer.
These beef taco pockets are baked to perfection with a crispy texture and delicious center. Serve with refried beans, cilantro rice and top with your favorite toppings for a complete meal idea.
- Ground Beef
- Mild Salsa
- Beef Broth
- Taco Seasoning (or 1 packet)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Crescent Rolls (8 ounces each)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Flour Tortilla – You can also make this recipe with a flour tortilla. You may have to secure with a toothpick.
- Change Meat – Use ground turkey instead of ground beef for the filling.
- Melted Butter – If you prefer you can brush the tops of the pockets with melted butter or egg wash.
- Cream Cheese and Salsa – For a creamier middle, add in cubes of cream cheese with the ground beef.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook until fully cooked through.
Step 2 – Stir in the salsa, beef broth and taco seasoning. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
Step 3 – Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
Step 4 – Using the existing seams, cut the store bought crescent rolls into 4 rectangles from each package. Then press the diagonal seam together. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Step 5 – Add approximately ¼ cup of the beef mixture to one side of each of the rectangles.
Step 5 – Fold the crescent roll over the beef mixture and seal all the sides to make a pocket. Use a fork to press down all the seams on the taco pockets. Then bake taco pockets in oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Loaded Cheesy Pocket Tacos Recipe Tips:
- Ground Beef – Prepare ground beef with seasoning. This is a great recipe to prepare the beef ahead of time.
- Divide Mixture – Evenly divide the mixture on the dough.
- Sealing – Seal the pockets with a fork to ensure that the filling does not come out.
Taco Pocket Topping Ideas:
Feel free to add your favorite toppings when serving. These are some of our favorites.
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Fresh Cilantro
- Hot Sauce
- Diced Onions
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Crescent Roll Recipes:
We love hearing from you. Make sure to leave a comment or a star review if you try Taco Pockets.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan over medium heat until fully cooked through.
- Stir in the salsa, beef broth and taco seasoning. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Remove the crescent rolls from the packages and roll them out. Using the existing seams, cut the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles from each package (8 total) and press the diagonal seam together.
- Place the rectangles on a baking sheet.
- Add approximately ¼ cup of the beef mixture to one side of each of the rectangles.
- Fold the crescent roll over the beef mixture and seal all the sides to make a pocket. Use a fork to press down all the seams on the taco pockets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the pockets cool for 5-10 minutes. Then serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe