You will love these easy Wonton Taco Cups. This recipe has lots of cheese and yummy taco meat, veggies and more! Each little wonton is packed with flavor.
Wonton Taco Cups
These bite size taco cups are the perfect game day food. Kid’s and adults love them because they are fun and easy to eat with your fingers.
I have even transported these to soccer games and more for a quick dinner on the go. Everyone always love the idea and it’s very simple to make.
They taste delicious and are perfect for parties and Game Day. Everyone will love it.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning – (Learn How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis (also known as Rotel)
- Wonton Wrappers (found in produce section)
- Sour Cream, Tomatoes and Green Onions for Serving
How to make taco cups
- First, go ahead and preheat the oven. While the oven is warming up, get your muffin cups ready and spray with cooking spray.
- Second, brown the ground beef breaking it apart until it is no longer pink in a large skillet. Then add the onion and taco seasoning to the ground beef and cook until the onions get soft.
- Then add the tomatoes and water to the beef.
- Now, add a wonton wrapper to the bottom of each of the cups in the muffin tin. You can use a tart shaper to make this process easier but it is not necessary.
- Finally, spoon a little bit of the seasoned beef mixture into each cup. I use a cookie scoop to make this very easy. They are so nice to have on hand for this recipe and so many more!
- Then sprinkle each cup with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the steps with the remaining ingredient so that you end with cheese.
- The last step is to bake until golden brown. Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes before you remove from the muffin tin.
- Tip: To make it easy to remove, run a knife around each muffin and then they should easily slide out. It’s very important to make sure they are cool completely. Don’t rush this step or you may have trouble getting them out or they may lose their shape.
- Finally, top with your favorite taco toppings.
Meat free idea:
I have a few friends that do not eat meat. I just make them a separate mixture with extra beans instead of the ground beef or you can use refried beans.
This recipe truly is for everyone!
Tips for taco cups:
- We used a mini muffin pan and it was the perfect size for these wonton wrapper taco cups.
- Also, it’s so helpful to use a pastry shaper tool. It’s not necessary but it makes it so much easier to push down the wontons. I highly recommend one if you don’t already have one.
- If we are eating on the run, I like to use these condiment containers with lids. I put a little salsa or sour cream in the containers and it’s very easy to transport and no mess!
- It’s yummy served with Spanish Rice or Brown Rice.
Sometimes, I have rice in the freezer to take out for busy nights and that is such a help!
- If I have a few extra minutes, I like to surprise the kids with the Best Mexican White Cheese Dip Recipe. This is the best cheese dip and it’s very simple to make.
This will be a family favorite!
The kids like to have Mexican Monday weekly around here. I love this recipe because it’s easy and kid friendly.
If you have gone out to eat lately, you know just how expensive it is. The price is insane.
These were really yummy. Everyone enjoyed customizing and the adults added salsa on top.
It was definitely a fun dinner in and perfect if you love tacos. Enjoy!
Great for parties!
Make a couple batches of these taco cups. Next, set out a topping bar.
I like to put out dishes of sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, green onion and whatever else I can think of. Guests can top their Wonton cups with whatever they prefer.
It’s very simple and doesn’t cost a fortune. Everyone always really enjoys this recipe when I serve it at parties.
Plus, all the toppings bulk up the meal and everyone leaves full and happy!
This taco cups recipe is freezer friendly.
This is a very easy dinner idea. 24 muffins is alot of food, which is nice because then you can freeze the leftovers for an easy dinner.
I just placed the leftovers on a cookie sheet. Placed in the freezer and then once frozen, I tossed them in a freezer bag.
Now, I can pull out only what I need. This has saved us many nights when I need quick meal.
These little cups are perfect for a quick dinner everyone will love.
Print Easy wonton taco cups:
Easy Taco Wonton Cups Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (or a Taco Seasoning Packet)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (10 oz)
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef. Add onion and taco seasoning, and let onions get soft. Then add the tomatoes with green chilies and water.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the muffin cups. Spoon some of the meat mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture). Sprinkle each cup with the shredded cheese. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Run a knife around each muffin and then they should easily slide out.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe