The next time a craving hits, make this Chick-fil-a Deluxe Chicken Sandwich at home. It is super easy to make this copycat recipe and you can enjoy any day of the week for less.
Chick-fil-a Deluxe Chicken Sandwich recipe
If you love Chick-fil-a as much as our family does, you are going to love this easy to make recipe. The deluxe chicken sandwich is so flavorful. The toppings make it one of my favorite things to order.
We have perfected the recipe for the chicken so it is similar to the popular restaurant item. Assembly of the sandwich is uncomplicated and effortless. The entire sandwich is wonderful.
Start saving money today and enjoy this yummy sandwich at home for an amazing dinner. This recipe is fabulous and perfectly mimics the popular Chick-fil-A menu item!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into fillets
- Dill Pickle Juice for amazing flavor
- All Purpose Flour
- Confectioner’s Sugar.
- Paprika for providing color and flavor.
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
- Hamburger Buns
- Dill Pickles
- American Cheese Slices
- Tomato, sliced
- Leaf Lettuce to best mimic the restaurant
How to make Chick-fil-a Deluxe Chicken Sandwich:
- First, go ahead and filet the chicken breasts thinly. You should have 4 pieces of chicken. Intricately trim off any excess fat from each fillet.
- Then incorporate the chicken and pickle juice in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for 30 minutes to 60 minutes (or overnight).
- Next, drain the pickle juice and remove the chicken.
- Combine the flour, sugar, paprika, salt and pepper in a large ziploc bag. Make sure to seal the bag securely and vigorously shake the flour mix to combine all of the ingredients.
- Then, drain the excess milk and egg mixture from the chicken. Place the chicken in the ziplock bag with the seasoned flour mixture and seal. Shake to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan. Use medium heat or you can use a fryer based on preference.
- Add the chicken in batches to the hot oil and fry the chicken until it is golden brown and crispy. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes for completion. Move the chicken to a plate once fully cooked.
I recommend lining the plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil especially if deep frying.
How to assemble copycat Chick-fil-A Spicy Deluxe Sandwich:
- Arrange the cheese on the chicken while it is warm to melt the cheese.
- Serve the chicken fillet on a hamburger bun and arrange the dill pickles and lettuce tomatoes on top.
Chick-fil-a deluxe sandwich is delicious.
This recipe is best served warm. Everyone will enjoy this easy and delicious copycat recipe.
My kids love when I make Chick-fil-A recipes at home. It is effortless and packed with all the flavor you love about Chick-fil-A.
What to serve with this:
- Spicy chicken sandwich. If you like spicy, try making a spicy chicken fillet cayenne pepper. Then top as directed with the deluxe sandwich toppings. You can also add hot sauce for even more heat.
- Baked Chicken. You can opt to bake the fillets instead of frying them. Coat as normal and place on top of a wire rack on a baking sheet. This will keep it elevated and result in crispy chicken.
Just bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes and flip. Bake the other side for another 12 to 15 minutes.
- Air Fryer Chicken. Preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees. Make sure to grease the inside first and then place the chicken on it. The chicken needs to cook for 11 to 12 minutes and then flip to the other side.
Finish cooking for another 11 to 12 minutes. You will have to work in batches since not all the chicken will fit in the air fryer.
- Pickle Juice. If you do not like the flavor of this, reduce the amount of pickle juice for the marinade to ½ cup and mix with ½ cup water.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Deluxe Chicken Sandwich tips:
- It is best to use an oil with a high smoke point. Good examples include peanut oil or canola oil for frying. It is crucial to use the correct type of oil so that the chicken does not brown too fast on the outside.
- Store leftover chicken plain. The fillets will keep in the fridge up to 5 to 7 days inside an airtight container. Add the toppings when ready to eat.
Print this Chick-fil-a Deluxe Chicken Sandwich recipe:
Chick Fil A Deluxe Sandwich
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 16 Dill Pickles
- 4 Slices American Cheese
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 4 Pieces of Leaf Lettuce
- Filet the chicken breasts into 4 pieces of chicken and trim off any excess fat.
- Combine the chicken and pickle juice in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes (or overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain off the pickle juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Then pour this mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Then in a large ziplock bag, add the flour, sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Drain the excess milk mixture off the chicken and place the chicken in the ziplock bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and then shake to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Then heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan over medium heat or in a fryer.
- Working in batches, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy (approximately 3-5 minutes). Once cooked, move the chicken to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil. Place the cheese on chicken while warm to melt the cheese.
- Then serve on the hamburger buns with the dill pickles, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Chick fil a Sauce Recipes to make:
More chick fil a recipes:
- Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets Recipe
- Easy Copy Cat Chick fil a Lemonade Recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets Recipe
- Copycat Chick fil a Grilled Chicken Nuggets