These Chick-Fil–A Spicy Nuggets Recipe is just what you have been waiting for. This copycat recipe is so easy to make and now you can enjoy Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets at home.
Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets Recipe:
My kids can eat Chick-Fil-A everyday because they love it so much. There is something in their chicken that makes it very tempting to go all the time. We always get their spicy nuggets so I knew I had to figure out how to make them at home.
Chick-fil-a chicken is full of flavor and has that perfect crunchy and tender, juicy inside. My copycat version has that and more. Now my kids prefer I make them their favorite chicken at home.
I figured out a few tips along the way to make these spicy chicken nuggets at home. Now I am passing them on to you.
The Best Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets Recipe:
To make The Best Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets I had to learn what made these nuggets so special.
- The number one thing I figure out is to let your chicken marinate in pickle juice. We prefer to let it marinate overnight.
- Season your flour mixture well. It might seem like a lot but most of the season will be removed once begin cooking.
- Make sure all chicken is covered with the flour mixture and seasoning
- Fry in Peanut Oil for the best tasting chicken.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dill Pickle Juice
- All Purpose Flour
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Cayenne Pepper
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
How to make Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets at Home:
- Marinate Chicken – Combine the chicken and pickle juice in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for 30 minutes to 60 minutes (or overnight).
- Drain Chicken – Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain off the pickle juice.
- Mix Together Milk and Egg – In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Then pour this mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Combine the Seasoning – Then in a large ziplock bag, add the flour, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. I also like to add in some garlic powder. Seal the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Add chicken to flour mixture – Drain the excess milk mixture off the chicken and place the chicken in the ziplock bag with the flour mixture.
- Coat Chicken with flour mixture – Seal the bag and then shake to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Heat Oil – Then heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan over medium high heat or in a fryer.
- Fry the Chicken – Working in batches, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy (approximately 3-5 minutes). Place on cooling racks lined with paper towels to drain grease.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm with your favorite dipping sauces!
Why the Powdered Sugar?
The powdered sugar is added because it gives the perfect amount of sweetness when combined with the other spices. It really balances all the ingredients perfectly to make the best spicy chicken nuggets.
Do I have to use Peanut Oil?
It is suggested to use Peanut Oil to fry chick-fil-a nuggets. You can also use canola oil or vegetable oil. You want an oil that is neutral in taste but has a high smoke point. If you don’t use peanut oil, it will change the taste of the nuggets.
You do not want to substitute with olive oil because it has a low smoke point.
Does Chick-Fil-A have Spicy Nuggets?
Yes, they do. The spicy nuggets have gained popularity over the years and now are offered at all Chick-Fil-A restaurants. They also serve a Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
The spicy chicken nuggets are seasoned with a spicy chick n strip biscuit with spicy blend of peppers, hand breaded and cooked in peanut oil.
What to serve Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets?
- French Fries – You can’t have Chick-Fil-A Nuggets without a side of French Fries.
- Mashed Potatoes – My kids love mashed potatoes. They love dipping the nuggets in the potatoes.
- Steamed Broccoli – I love serving nuggets with a side of vegetables. It just makes me feel better.
Chick-Fil-A Dipping Sauces:
- Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce – If you love the original Chick-Fil-A sauce now you can make it at home. You probably already have all the ingredients.
- Ketchup – Make Homemade Ketchup it is so good and so much better than store bought.
- BBQ Sauce – Dipping these spicy Chick-fil-A nuggets in BBQ Sauce is a family favorite.
- Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce Recipe
How to store leftovers:
There is usually not a lot of leftovers when we make these spicy nuggets. My kids eat a lot but I always try to plan for leftovers. These make a great afternoon snack, so I place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
They will last about 5-7 days if store properly.
Print Recipe here for Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets:
Chick-Fil-A Spicy Nuggets
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
- Combine the chicken and pickle juice in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes (or overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain off the pickle juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Then pour this mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Then in a large ziplock bag, add the flour, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Drain the excess milk mixture off the chicken and place the chicken in the ziplock bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and then shake to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Then heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan over medium heat or in a fryer.
- Working in batches, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy (approximately 3-5 minutes). Once cooked, move the chicken to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve immediately while warm with your favorite dipping sauces!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe