This Copycat Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese Recipe is a must try. If you are a Chick-Fil-A fan than you probably have already tried their Mac and Cheese. Today we are sharing our secrets on how you can make it at home.
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Have you tried the Mac and Cheese at Chick-Fil-A? My kids love ordering it and they are so excited when I started making it at home. This mac and cheese is the best out there and it is loaded with different types of cheeses.
You are going to love how this recipe features the rich and creamy mac and cheese that we can’t get enough of. We have created this best copycat recipe version that I know your family will love. There is just something about Homemade Mac and Cheese that just warms the soul.
My kids were impressed that it tasted just like the version at Chick-Fil-A. Now they request it all the time. It always makes me happy when I found a restaurant recipe I can make at home and my kids love too.
Quick and Easy Side Dish:
This copycat Chick-Fil-A side dish is a simple and easy side dish that you can make anytime of the week. It is great to serve with your weeknight meal or to serve at a holiday gathering.
My kids love going to Chick-Fil-A fast food restaurant so we miss it on Sundays when they are closed. That is when I decided to try out some of their favorite dishes at home.
This mac and cheese just makes everyone happy and it is the best comfort food. It is always requested and it is on our weekly meal plan. The best part is that I can find all of these items at the grocery store.
Tips for perfect Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese:
- The key to making the best version of Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese is the special blend of cheeses. We like baking it just right amount of time, to make all these cheeses melt perfectly together for a crispy top.
- Make sure that all your ingredients are at room temperature. They just blend better instead of being pulled straight out of the refrigerator.
- We like using whole milk. But if all you have is low-fat milk I would use that. It may not be as creamy but it is still just as delicious.
- I used American Cheese slices and torn them into smaller pieces for this recipe.
- If you cannot find BellaVitano Gold Cheese, you can substitute this with additional parmesan cheese in this recipe. You can also add in some heavy cream to give it the extra creaminess that we all love.
- If you prefer you can gluten free noodles.
- Make sure to skip the bag shredded cheese. Shredding your own cheese is much better and there are no added ingredients.
- Elbow Macaroni
- American Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- BellaVitano Gold Cheese, shredded
- Romano Cheese, shredded
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese:
- Add the water, milk, pasta, salt and pepper to a large pot.
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a low simmer.
- Stir frequently and watch closely so that the milk does not over boil.
- Then reduce the heat to low and cook until the pasta is done or al dente which should take approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Stir frequently and add more water if needed as the pasta will absorb the liquid.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Then stir in the cheeses one at a time, starting with the American cheese (torn into smaller pieces), 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then with each of the other shredded cheese.
- Stir constantly until each cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour the mac and cheese sauce into an 8X8 baking pan, top with the remaining shredded cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
What is Chick-Fil-A Mac and Cheese made of?
According their website it is made up of a blend of different kind of cheeses. It includes parmesans, cheddar, Romano and our favorite BellaVitano Cheese. They bake it daily to keep it fresh everyday.
We added in American Cheese to give it that extra creamy and smooth sauce.
Can you make Mac and Cheese ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect side dish to make ahead of time. You can make it the day before and place in the refrigerator. I don’t top it with the cheese until I am ready to bake.
After it has been in the refrigerator and before baking, I like it to get to room temperature before placing in the oven.
How to freeze Mac and Cheese?
This mac and cheese recipe freezes great. As long you put in a freeze safe container it will last about 3 months. If I have a lot leftover, it is perfect to put in individual container.
Makes a quick side dish for my husband as he heads out the door to work.
How long do leftovers last?
The Mac and Cheese leftovers will last about 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to store in an air tight container for any easy side dish the next day.
Print recipe here for Copycat Chick-fil-a Mac and Cheese:
Copycat Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 oz American Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup BellaVitano Gold Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add the water, milk, pasta, salt and pepper to a medium size pot.
- Heat over medium heat and bring to a low simmer. Stir frequently and watch closely so that the milk does not over boil. Then reduce the heat to low and cook until the pasta is done which should take approximately 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently and add more water if needed as the pasta will absorb the liquid.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Then stir in the cheeses one at a time, starting with the American cheese (torn into smaller pieces), 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then with each of the other shredded cheese. Stir constantly until each cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour the mac and cheese mixture into an 8X8 baking pan, top with the remaining shredded cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese on top is melted. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
*If you cannot find BellaVitano Gold Cheese, you can substitute this with additional parmesan cheese in this recipe.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe