Copycat Chick-fil-a Coleslaw recipe is super easy to make. You can enjoy this creamy coleslaw anytime you want at home.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Coleslaw recipe
If you are looking for the perfect coleslaw recipe, this is a must try copycat recipe. It has the perfect blend of tanginess with a hint of sweetness.
Each bite is light and delicious. This recipe is perfect to enjoy as a side dish or to top your hot dog with. It is amazing with just about anything.
From potlucks to weeknight dinners, coleslaw is a Southern staple at the dinner table. It is easy to make, budget friendly and delicious. Everyone loves it.
Does Chick-fil-A still sell coleslaw?
No, they do not anymore. Chick-fil-A discontinued this menu item in 2016 and replaced it with the Kale Salad.
Numerous customers were upset about no longer being able to order this on the menu. As a result, they shared the recipe so you can make it at home.
It is really delicious and super easy to make. Since they actually released the recipe, it tastes just like Chick-fil-A slaw. You are going to love it.
Why we love this recipe:
- It’s only 6 ingredients.
- This recipe tastes just like Chic-fil-A’s coleslaw.
- You can make this in minutes for a great side dish.
- It is frugal to make and easy to feed a crowd.
- Pre Shredded Cole Slaw Mix – The pre shredded makes it easy but you can grate your own cabbage.
- Mayonnaise – This adds so much creaminess to the recipe.
- White Vinegar – Vinegar gives it the tanginess.
- Sugar – Just a hint of sugar balances out the vinegar.
- Dry Mustard – This gives the recipe great flavor.
- Salt – You can add more to taste once it’s made if you prefer.
How to make Chick fil a coleslaw
- Combine the ingredient – In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, dry mustard and salt.
- Add the cabbage – Then stir in the Cole slaw mix. Stir to thoroughly coat the coleslaw in the dressing. All of it should be well coated in the dressing.
- Refrigerate – Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then it’s ready to enjoy! This allows the flavors to blend and the cabbage to soften.
Can you make coleslaw ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made the night before serving. It will keep overnight in the refrigerator.
I think the coleslaw is better made in advance. The flavors have time to blend and the cabbage softens perfectly. However, if you prefer the coleslaw crisp, you can serve it immediately.
Another option is to make the dressing a couple of days in advance. Then you can mix together the night before.
How to store coleslaw:
Store the slaw inside an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep up to 3 to 5 days.
We eat this pretty fast so ours never lasts that long.
Tips and tricks:
- I love using the bagged options of the coleslaw mix for this recipe but you can easily shred your own green cabbage and carrots instead.
- If you plan to double the recipe, I suggest shredding the cabbage and carrots instead of using the bags. It will be more budget friendly.
- We used white vinegar in the recipe because that is what Chic-fil-a suggests. However, you can use apple cider vinegar for a change.
- Make sure to allow the coleslaw to chill in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving. The cabbage needs time to soften.
- Full fat mayonnaise is best in this recipe. I do not recommend using light or reduced fat mayonnaise for best results. It will not be as rich and creamy.
- If you prefer a thinner coleslaw, add a few tablespoons of milk to the recipe. Stir and add more if needed. It is easy to adjust to suit your taste.
What to serve with coleslaw:
These are a few of our favorites. Coleslaw is a must with these recipes and pairs perfectly.
Make it today.
You are going to enjoy being able to make this tasty copycat recipe at home. If you have been missing Chick-fil-A coleslaw, give this recipe a try.
It is so simple to make and turns out perfectly every time. Give it a try and see how delicious it is.
Print this Chick-fil-a Coleslaw recipe:
Copycat Chick-fil-a Coleslaw
- 2 bags Shredded Cole Slaw Mix 14 oz
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tsp White Vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Dry Mustard
- ¼ tsp Salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, dry mustard and salt. Then stir in the cole slaw mix. Stir to thoroughly coat the coleslaw in the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then it’s ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe