This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Short Ribs Recipe gives you tender ribs with the ease of the slow cooker. Now you can enjoy braised ribs any day of the week thanks to how easy this is. Spoon that delicious sauce over the veggies and you really have an amazing meal.
If you enjoyed our Crock Pot Pork Ribs Recipe, you are going to be so excited to try this new braised beef short ribs recipe. Ribs are so amazing and now so easy.
Your family will start to think you spend all day in the kitchen. With this easy crock pot recipe, you can have ribs any day of the week.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
This slow cooker short ribs recipe cooks fall off the bone ribs. The combination of the ingredients blends together for a meal with incredible flavor.
The simple ingredient ribs are so tender and flavorful that it is always a crowd favorite.
- Bone In Short Ribs
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Cooking Red Wine
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Thyme
- Bay Leaf
- Beef Broth
- Corn Starch
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the recipe card.
- Ribs – Feel free to use different types of ribs. You can use boneless short ribs or bone-in beef ribs.
- Vegetables – You can also add in vegetables to the slow cooker while cooking the ribs. Celery, Mushrooms, or diced potatoes are always a great option.
- Sauce – For added flavor, add in tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce. You can even add in fresh herbs such as rosemary or fresh thyme.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Start out by heating the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the short ribs and onions to the skillet over medium high heat. Season with the salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes on each side until brown.
Step 2 – If you used a skillet, add the short ribs and onions in the crock pot. Add all the other ingredients except the corn starch and water to the crockpot. Cover and cook. Remove the ribs, carrots and bay leaf from the crock pot.
Step 3 – Make a corn starch slurry by dissolving the cornstarch in the water.
Step 4 – Stir the cornstarch slurry into the crock pot. Cook until gravy has thicken.
- Dutch Oven – This recipe can also be made in the Dutch Oven on the stove top. You can sear the ribs and cook them all in the same pot.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary depending on the cut of beef that you use. We like to cook the ribs on low for about 7 hours.
Do you have to Brown Short Ribs?
Searing the ribs before braising is an extra step that is really worth it. It does not take long at all. Just a few minutes on each side.
I definitely recommend it as it enhances the flavor. The golden brown texture on the outside of the ribs is so tasty.
These slow cooker beef short ribs are tender and delicious and perfect served with many different side dish recipes. We love to serve with instant pot mashed potatoes and a side of roasted carrots for a complete meal idea.
Make sure to also serve with Homemade Dinner Rolls to give every last drop of the gravy. This slow cooked ribs recipe is a family favorite recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Braising short ribs requires cooking them for quite some time. Don’t worry that they will get tough. The slow cooker will ensure they are tender in each bite.
Store the leftover ribs with salt and pepper in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
More Easy Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Easy Crock Pot Beef Tips Recipe
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Brisket Recipe
- Crock Pot Beef Teriyaki Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Crock Pot Beef Short Ribs Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Crock pot Short Ribs
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add the short ribs and onions to the pan. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes on each side until brown.
- Add the short ribs and onions in the crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the corn starch and water to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs, carrots and bay leaf from the crock pot.
- Make a corn starch slurry by dissolving the cornstarch in the water.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry into the crock pot. Cook until gravy has thicken.
- We recommend serving the short ribs and carrots with mashed potatoes with the gravy drizzled over the top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe