This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe is simple to make at home while still enjoying amazing flavor. From the smoky grill flavor to the perfect marinade, this is the best Copycat Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe
Our family loves dining at Chick-fil-a so I love Copycat Chick-fil-a Recipes. The chicken is so tender and the flavor has the perfect blend of seasoning. The grilled chicken sandwich is my personal favorite as it is slightly healthier and so delicious.
We grill chicken a lot at home so I thought I would attempt to make this copycat sandwich. The secret is in the marinade and it results in the absolute best chicken.
The chicken is grilled for a tender and amazing sandwich everyone will enjoy.
- Chicken Breasts, filleted
- Pickle Juice
- Powdered Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato, sliced
- Multi-Grain Buns
- Dressing of your choice
How to make Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
- Make the marinade mixture. Whisk together the pickle juice, milk, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. I used the pickle juice from an open jar of pickles in my refrigerator.
- Marinade the chicken. Place the fillets in this mixture for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Set the grill to medium high heat or about 400 degrees F. Rub the grill grates with oil generously. This will prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Grill the chicken until fully cooked. Put the chicken directly on the grill grates. Grill the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. The chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Allow the chicken fillets to rest. Place the chicken on a separate plate to rest for at least 5 minutes prior to making sandwiches.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Start by spreading the sandwiches with the dressing of your choice on one side of the buns. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and then the grilled chicken fillets. Then sandwich is ready to serve and enjoy!
How long to marinate the chicken?
The chicken needs to marinate for at least 30 minutes. However, up to 4 hours will give it even more flavor.
How long to grill chicken breasts?
The boneless breast of chicken does not take long at all to cook. They should be ready in about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
It is pertinent that the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
What goes on a chick fil a grilled chicken sandwich?
- Dressing of choice. We like chick fil a sauce.
You can also butter and toast the buns before making the sandwiches if you prefer.
How to store leftovers?
Refrigerate any leftover chicken in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Print this Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich recipe below:
Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Whisk together the pickle juice, milk, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Marinade the chicken fillets in this mixture for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (400 degrees F) and rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grates and grill the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Move the chicken to a separate plate to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Then it’s time to assemble the sandwiches. Spread your dressing of choice on one side of the hamburger buns. Then top it with lettuce, tomatoes and then the grilled chicken fillets. Then sandwich is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe