Enjoy a delicious Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich anytime you want at home. This copycat recipe is easy to make and so tasty.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Everyone loves Chick-fil-a but fast food can be pricey. Plus, it is not always convenient.
The solution? Make this super tasty and easy copycat sandwich recipe at home.
You will love how simple it is and your family will be thrilled to enjoy Chick-fil-A at home.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dill Pickle Juice
- large Egg
- All Purpose Flour
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
- Hamburger Buns
- dill pickles
How to make Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich at home:
- First, filet the chicken breasts into 4 pieces of chicken. Make sure to trim off any excess fat.
- Then, combine the chicken and pickle juice in a medium bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice. It needs to sit at least 30 to 60 minutes or overnight.
- Next, remove the chicken from the fridge and drain off the pickle juice.
- Get out a small bowl and whisk together the milk and egg. Pour this mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Use a large ziplock bag and add the flour mix, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Sometimes, I also add garlic powder. Make sure the bag is sealed tightly and shake.
- Then, drain the excess milk mixture off the chicken. Put the chicken in the ziplock bag with the flour mixture and seal tightly. Shake the bag to coat the chicken pieces.
- Finally, heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. You can also use a fryer.
- Start by adding some of the chicken to the hot oil. Let this cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy. This only needs about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken on a plate. Make sure to line it with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
Serve on the hamburger buns with the dill pickles slices. You might also like to serve with lettuce tomatoes.
How to store leftovers:
Place chicken inside an airtight container. Place in the fridge up to 5 to 7 days.
What to serve with spicy chick fil a sandwich:
What Is The Best Oil For Fried Chicken:
You want to use an oil that has a high smoke point. Some examples include peanut oil or canola oil.
Using this type of oil will help to prevent the chicken from browning too fast before the inside is done.
Variation for copycat chick fil a spicy chicken sandwich:
- Bake the chicken for a healthier alternative. Bake at 450 using a baking sheet for 30 minutes. Place a wire rack on the baking sheet to help make the chicken crispy.
I suggest flipping about halfway.
- Adjust the seasoning. If you like an even spicier chicken sandwich, add more paprika and cayenne pepper to suit your taste. You can also add hot sauce.
- Reduce the pickle juice. If you do not care for this flavor, reduce the amount to ½ cup and combine with ½ cup water.
Your family will love this.
Print Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
Chick Fil A Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Peanut Oil or Canola Oil for Frying
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 16 Dill Pickles
- Filet the chicken breasts into 4 pieces of chicken and trim off any excess fat.
- Combine the chicken and pickle juice in a medium size bowl. Cover and refrigerate to marinate the chicken in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes (or overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain off the pickle juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and egg. Then pour this mixture over the chicken pieces.
- Then in a large ziplock bag, add the flour, sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients.
- Drain the excess milk mixture off the chicken and place the chicken in the ziplock bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and then shake to thoroughly coat the chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Then heat the peanut oil or canola oil in a large pan over medium heat or in a fryer.
- Working in batches, add the chicken to the hot oil and cook until the chicken is golden brown and crispy (approximately 3-5 minutes). Once cooked, move the chicken to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Then serve on the hamburger buns with the dill pickles and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Made this for the family and got rave reviews. Tried the first couple of pieces in the air fryer but it didn’t work the way I hoped. Switched to frying in peanut oil and came out hot, crispy, spicy, and juicy. Chef’s kiss!
Thank you for commenting. I’m so glad you liked it.