This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Homemade Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe is loaded with bananas, chopped walnuts, and chunks of chocolate. If you love the Ben and Jerry’s version, then you are going to love to make it at home.
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe:
We love making homemade ice cream. This Chunky Monkey Ice Cream is one of my kids favorite ice from Ben and Jerry’s. I knew I had to recreate it with easy ingredients.
Just like Ben and Jerry’s this ice cream is full of flavor. It is loaded with bananas, fudge chunks and walnuts.
Making chocolate, banana ice cream at home may seem intimating, but these simple steps and easy ingredients anyone can make it.
What is Chunky Monkey Ice Cream?
You will love this full of flavor ice cream. The reason it is called chunky monkey ice cream is because of the chunky ingredients of chopped walnut and dark chocolate pieces.
The banana ingredients is where the monkey part comes in. This Ben and Jerry’s copycat recipe is a crowd pleaser. The ingredients are blended together to make an amazing ice cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream, chilled
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Ripe Bananas
- Chopped Walnuts
- Dark Chocolate Chunks
How to Make Chunky Monkey Ice Cream:
- Blend Ingredients – With a stand up mixer or hand held mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until the cream is whipped and can form soft peaks.
- Puree Banana’s – Place the bananas in a blender or food processor and blend them until pureed and smooth.
- Stir Milk and Bananas – In a separate bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed and the pureed banana mixture.
- Add in Whipped Cream – Then gently fold in the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then gently fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Place in Loaf Pan – Spread the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Serve and enjoy – The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Tips for Chunky Monkey Ice Cream:
- Mixing Bowl and Beaters – I place my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping the cream to help whip it quicker.
- Let it freeze – Make sure to give it plenty of time to freeze. I usually let it freeze overnight to ensure that it freezes well.
- Storing Leftovers – If you have leftovers, store in a freezer safe container up to 3 months in the freezer. Ours never lasts that long since we eat it pretty fast.
- Mixer – We used a stand mixer but you can use a hand mixer as well.
- Make Ice Cream Sandwiches – This ice cream would be perfect sandwich in between two chocolate chip cookies.
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar – If you need a fun idea for your next kids party, do an ice cream sundae bar with different flavors of ice cream. Set out different toppings and the kids can make their own sundaes.
- Hot Fudge Sundae – We love making brownies and topping with the ice cream. The flavors of the brownie mixed with this ice cream and then drizzled with hot chocolate. It is our favorite dessert.
- Peanut Butter – This ice cream would be good with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter.
- Add in Different Candy – If you prefer, you can add in different candy to change the flavor of the ice cream. Use milk chocolate chunks or min Reese’s Cup.
No Churn Ice Cream is the best!
This ice cream dessert recipe is really so simple. No need to purchase an ice cream maker when you can easily make it just with a few simple household appliances.
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream taste so much better than the store bought. You can easily add in extra walnuts or chocolate pieces when you are making it at home.
We love adding chunky ingredients to our ice cream recipes.
How long will Homemade Ice Cream last?
When we make homemade ice cream, it is best to eat as soon as possible. The fresher it is the better it taste. We recommend eating homemade ice cream within 2 weeks.
It doesn’t even last a few days in my house.
Print Recipe here for Chunky Monkey Ice Cream:
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Recipe
- With a stand up mixer or hand held mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until the cream is whipped and can form soft peaks.
- Place the bananas in a blender or food processor and blend them until pureed and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed and the pureed bananas.
- Then gently fold in the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Then gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chunks.
- Spread the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Serve and enjoy! The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe