Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
We have the best ice cream sandwich recipe! The chocolate wafers are packed full of delicious ice cream. You can use any vanilla ice cream you prefer but we made this Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe. It is SO creamy and delicious! Plus, you do not need an ice cream maker for it! So easy! It isn’t much more work but it adds a ton of extra flavor!
What is an ice cream sandwich made out of?
The outside of each ice cream sandwich is rolled in more decadent toppings. We used rainbow sprinkles, mini chocolate chips and crushed Oreo’s. You can use whatever you prefer! They are all so delicious with the ice cream.
Feel free to make these your own! You could try other types of ice cream like strawberry, chocolate or Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe!
There are so many wonderful options. These would be so pretty and tasty for parties and other celebrations. You might also like this 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe .
We love ice cream around here!
Learn how to make ice cream sandwiches at home!
Ingredients for Ice cream sandwich recipe:
- Chocolate Famous Wafers
- Vanilla Ice Cream (We used Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe)
- 1/2 cup Crushed Sandwich Cookies
- 1/3 cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Homemade Ice cream sandwiches recipe:
1. Place Chocolate Famous Wafers on a flat work surface and place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream onto the cookie. Gently press another cookie on top. Use an icing knife to smooth the edges and tuck in any ice cream that is spilling out of the cookie. Set aside to add toppings. This is the fun part!
Tip for homemade ice cream sandwich:
The easiest way to dip the edges of the ice cream sandwiches is to place the crushed oreo cookies, rainbow sprinkles and mini chocolate chips onto a small plate, spreading the items out as evenly and flat as possible. You can even combine several different toppings. Just use a medium bowl whisk together and then place on cookies. I bet you could even drizzle hot fudge. Just let it cool completely on a wire wrack for 30 minutes before storing.
3. Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight on baking sheets or a cookie sheet. Store in a covered container. I like to wrap them individually with plastic wrap or separate the layers with parchment paper.
Print this Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe below:
- Chocolate Famous Wafers
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- ½ cup Crushed Sandwich Cookies
- ⅓ cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- ⅓ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Place cookies on a flat surface and place 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream onto the cookie. Gently press another cookie on top. Use an icing knife to smooth the edges and tuck in any ice cream that is spilling out of the cookie.
- Gently dip all edges into a topping and return to the freezer immediately.
- The easiest way to dip the edges of the ice cream sandwiches is to place the crushed cookies, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips onto a small plate, spreading the items out as evenly and flat as possible.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Store in a covered container.
This is the best Ice Cream Sandwich Wafer recipe!
If you love chocolate chip cookies, try substituting those instead of the chocolate wafers. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches are really yummy too! Use your imagination because there are tons and tons of options for these yummy ice cream sandwiches. Just think about your favorite way to eat ice cream and turn that into an ice cream sandwich. Yum! The entire family will love these. They make the best dessert.
You can also make strawberry ice cream sandwich recipe!
Just use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream. So yummy! For even more ice cream ideas, try 50 Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes You Will Love ! We love to try different types of ice cream and toppings. The kids have a blast helping and I enjoy seeing their creativity. It’s always fun to see how each child will make their ice cream sandwiches. I usually divide them up and let each child be in charge of decorating so many.
Make sure you have a good ice cream scoop. I also use a shallow storage container to store the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. It keeps them nice and fresh and they are easy to get to since it’s shallow.
I can’t wait for you to try these!