This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
CrockPot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe is a creamy and delicious twist on traditional spaghetti. Your family will ask for this over and over. It is so easy to prepare that you can quickly throw this together any day of the week.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
We eat a ton of chicken and I am always looking for new and tasty ways to serve it. This easy Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Crock Pot Recipe definitely was a hit with everyone. You are going to love this easy and frugal chicken recipe.
The cream cheese combined with the Rotel really kicks it up a notch and makes this spaghetti so creamy and flavorful. Not to mention the slow cooker makes this so easy. This is the the best chicken spaghetti recipe that you will make.
It really cuts down on clean up and that is a plus for us busy moms. It is so nice just having the one pot to clean and not worrying about an extra pan to wash.
Can you Cook Pasta in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can cook pasta in the slow cooker. But in this slow cooker recipe, I cooked the pasta in a separate pot. I usually cook my noodles in a broth based recipe. They seem to cook better and thoroughly.
Since Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti has a creamier base, I cooked the pasta in a separate pot. This ensure that the pasta is cooked according to the package or al dente.
Once the pasta is cooked, then I stir into the slow cooker with the other ingredients. This results in a delicious chicken spaghetti meal. This is the best comfort food.
You can also use the instant pot if you prefer.
Ingredients to Make Crock Pot Cheesy Spaghetti:
- Chicken Breasts
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Mushrooms Soup
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Crock Pot Cheesy Spaghetti:
- Step 1 – Add the chicken, diced tomatoes, and cream of chicken soup to slow cooker. Then add cream of mushroom soup, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to the crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
- Step 3 – Remove the chicken, shred it and return it back to a crock pot.
- Step 4 – Stir in the cream cheese and grated cheddar cheese. Cover and cook on low for 20-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Step 5 – While the cheese is melting, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package direction to al dente.
- Step 6 – Stir spaghetti noodles into the crock pot mixture.
- Step 7 – Serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti?
- Simple Salad – Our favorite side is a simple salad. It is so easy and it goes really well with the chicken spaghetti.
- Roasted Vegetables – You might also like to try these easy Roasted Green Beans. Learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish. Both of these only take a few minutes to make.
- Dinner Rolls – Throw in some of these Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls. You can also grab some bread from the bakery to dip into the yummy sauce. You will love having the bread to get every last drop.
Tips for Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti:
- Ingredients – Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high or low. If you prefer, you can spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Cooking time may very if you are using frozen chicken or thawed chicken.
- Shredding Chicken – When the chicken is done cooking, remove the chicken and shred with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. This is so quick and easy and the only way I shred chicken now.
- Noodles – Cook noodles in a separate pot and then add to the chicken spaghetti ingredients. To save time on cooking day, make your spaghetti noodles the night before. Then all you have to do is add to your cooked ingredients.
Cheesy Chicken Crock Pot Spaghetti Variations:
- Change the Cheese – Try velveeta cheese or other types of cheese in the cheese mixture.
- Chicken – Substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts. You can even use chicken tenders. This would be easy to use leftover cook chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- Pasta – Use any type of pasta you like- linguine, penne, or elbow. We usually use what we have on hand.
- Rice – Try rice instead of pasta. We recommend white rice or if you are on a low carb diet, use cauliflower rice.
- Vegetables – Add bell pepper to the onions. Red bell pepper or green bell pepper adds color to the mixture and flavor.
- Rotel – We used diced tomatoes with green chilis. But you can easily get a can of Rotel or just use plain diced tomatoes.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place leftovers in a air tight container and place in the refrigerator. The leftovers will stay good for up to 4 days. Once you are ready to reheat, place in the microwave and heat in 30 second intervals until heated.
Can you Freeze this?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe uncooked or cooked. Store uncooked chicken spaghetti, place the ingredients, except the noodles in the freezer bag. You can also use a freezer safe container and place in the freezer.
Once you are ready to cook, cook according to recipe card. If store cooked chicken spaghetti, place the chicken spaghetti mixture in individual container and freezer. They will last about 3 months if stored properly.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Add the chicken, diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken, shred it and return it back to a crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and grated cheddar cheese. Cover and cook on low for 20-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and combined.
- While the cheese is melting, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package direction to al dente.
- Stir spaghetti noodles into the crock pot mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock pot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- Crockpot Bacon Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Lime Chicken
- Crockpot Drumsticks