This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a sweet and tasty treat then you must try these Fried Bananas. The sweet cinnamon buttery sauce makes them the best dessert and easy to make.
Fried Bananas is a delicious, decadent treat that can be enjoyed in many different ways. They are easy to make with simple pantry ingredients. It is a great to way to enjoy a dessert without all the work.
Fried Bananas is a perfect way to use up bananas that are just ripe. You will want to use firm ripe bananas for this recipe so they do not get too mushy when frying them. You do not want to use overripe bananas.
Why we love this Banana recipe:
- If you love bananas that you can going to love these amazing, caramelized bananas cooked to perfection in a buttery sauce.
- It is a simple recipe with easy pantry ingredients.
- Just the perfect amount of sweetness with the flavors of honey, cinnamon and butter.
- Easy to make and can be enjoyed within 10 minutes.
- Firm Bananas
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Fried Bananas Recipe:
- Prepare the Bananas – Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/2” inch thick slices.
- Sauté the Ingredients – Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then whisk in the honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Cook Banana Slices – Carefully add the banana slices and deep fried them for 2-3 minutes on each side in a single layer. The bananas should be golden brown and caramelized.
- Make sure to not to burn them – Watch them closely as they cook so they do not burn.
- Cool Bananas – Then move the bananas to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then serve as is or over ice cream or on top of pancakes or waffles.
Any skillet will work, but we recommend using a cast iron skillet. If you haven’t starting cooking in a iron skillet I highly recommend it.
The texture of the food is better and the more you cook in your iron skillet the more it gets seasoned.
You can also learn How to Season your Cast Iron Skillet here.
How to Serve
There are many different ways to enjoy this decadent treat. Here are some of our favorites:
- Serve over Vanilla Ice Cream – This is so amazing on ice cream. The warm carmalized bananas melt into the cold ice cream. Vanilla and butter pecan taste great with the fried bananas.
- Top your Pancakes or waffles – Try topping with these bananas for the best treat. Then top with whipped cream if you prefer.
- Add to your cottage cheese – We love the combination of cottage cheese and these sweet buttery fried bananas.
- Stir in your plain yogurt – You can make a yogurt parfait using these tasty fried bananas. The yogurt makes it healthier but the flavor is amazing. I like to add granola as well for a little crunch.
- Top them on Crepes – Homemade Crepes and Fried Bananas is the perfect brunch on Sunday Morning.
- Use Maple Syrup instead of honey. This is perfect taste during the fall months.
- You can use Coconut oil or butter to pan fry the bananas.
- Use Air fryer method. First, melt the butter using the microwave and add the seasonings. Coat the bananas. Place in the air fryer basket for 4 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Add some crunch – Top the Fried bananas with some nuts.
- Stir in Rum – This would be similar to a Banana Foster.
Can you Freeze Fried Bananas?
We do not recommend freezing fried bananas. The don’t freeze well because when they thaw out they will become mushy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the Fried Bananas in a covered container and use them up within 3 to 4 days. They will stay fresh as long as you use a container with a good lid.
Reheat in the microwave or stove top until heated through. They are still delicious reheated. Yet another reason to love this recipe even more.
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 1/2” thick slices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Then whisk in the honey, cinnamon and salt.
- Carefully add the banana slices and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side. The bananas should be golden brown and caramelized. Watch them closely as they cook so they do not burn.
- Then move the bananas to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Then serve as is or over ice cream or on top of pancakes or waffles. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe