This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You only need 3 Ingredients to make Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips. The perfect chips to serve with salsa, guacamole or queso.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips Recipe:
Homemade Tortilla Chips Air Fryer Recipe is an easy and delicious way to make tortilla chips. You only need 3 ingredients and they taste way better than store bought chips.
There is no need to deep fry tortilla chips, when you can easily make them in your air fryer. They are healthier and less messy when you use your air fryer. In just a few minutes you can have delicious tortilla chips with only 3 ingredients.
Can you Air Fry Tortilla into Chips?
Yes, this is a great way to make homemade chips. There is no need to fry them which makes a mess and they are not as healthy. You can easily place the tortilla wedges in the air fryer basket.
Spray with olive oil and season them with salt. In less than 10 minutes you have air fried tortilla chips that are delicious and have the perfect crunch.
- Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Coarse Salt
How to Make Tortilla Chips in Air Fryer:
- Step 1 – Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes. This will allow the air fryer to heat at 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Cut each of the tortillas into 4 even pieces.
- Step 3 – Then lightly spray the tortilla pieces with the spray olive oil and season it with salt. Line the bottom of an air fryer basket with the tortillas chips.
- Step 4 – Cook for 3 minutes per side until the tortillas are browned and crispy.
- Step 5 – Remove the chips from the basket and let them cool to room temperature. This allows them to finish crisping them up.
- Step 6 – Serve immediately with your favorite dips and enjoy!
How Long do you Air Fry Tortilla Chips:
After cutting the tortillas in triangles place them in the air fryer. Spray them with olive oil and season with salt. Make sure you have preheated the air fryer, if you have that function and air fry the tortillas.
Air fry the tortilla on each side for about 3 minutes or until they are browned and crispy. Place on a paper towel for a few minutes to all them to finish crisping them up.
Cooking time will vary based on your air fryer.
How to Store:
These chips are best served fresh as the chips will get soft as they are stored.
Can I Make these Chips with Flour Tortillas?
You can easily make these chips with flour or yellow corn tortillas. You can even use low carb tortilla, use your favorite types.
Air Fryer Tortilla Tips:
- Cook in batches – When you are cooking the tortillas in the air fryer, we recommend not to overcrowd the basket. You may need to cook in batches depending how many tortillas you are cooking.
- Make sure to Flip – To evenly cook the tortilla chips, make sure to flip the tortilla chips half way through the cooking time. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer.
- Spray Oil – We like to spay the tortilla chips with cooking spray. This increases the crisp in this chips. We spray the tortilla prior to putting in the air fryer.
- Preheat Air Fryer – Some air fryers have the ability to preheat prior to using. We recommend doing so if you can. If not, just allow it to heat at 350 degrees for a few minutes and then put the tortillas in the basket.
- Allow Chips to Cool – After the chips have finished cooking, allow them to cook on a paper towel. This allows for them to finish crisping up. We recommend serving with your favorite salsa.
What to Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Homemade Salsa – The is our favorite Homemade Salsa Recipe and we make it all the time. It is easy enough to whip up for a snack and it is seriously so good. Since you only need a few ingredients, it is a breeze to make.
- Our Favorite Queso Dip – This is a very authentic queso dip and we don’t use any processed Velveeta. This recipe uses just good old fashion white American cheese. The perfect cheese dip for dip tortilla chips.
- Pico de Gallo – This delicious recipe is so incredibly simple and the flavor is authentic and amazing. It makes the best dip for tortilla chips and we love to serve this at parties.
- Make Nachos – Pile the tortilla chips with your favorite nachos toppings for an amazing meal. We love to add ground beef, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and slice jalapenos.
Baked Tortilla Chips:
If you do not have an air fryer, you can easily bake your favorite tortillas. Place the cut tortillas on a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
Bake for about 4 minutes and then flip tortilla and bake for another 4 minutes or until golden brown. You will still get crispy chips baking them in the oven.
We used course salt as a simple seasoning on this air fryer tortilla chips. But you can definitely use other seasoning. Here some suggestions for extra flavors:
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Taco Seasoning
- Cinnamon Sugar
Easy Tortilla Chips Recipe:
We love making this easy air fryer tortilla recipe. It is the chip to dip into our favorite salsa recipe. They get the perfect amount of crisp thanks to the air fryer. There is no need to make a mess frying them in a skillet.
The air fryer allows you to cook them quickly and easily. Chips and salsa is my favorite snack and that I can make homemade tortilla chips, I can have it any time.
The next time you are hosting a gathering, impress your friends and family with delicious homemade tortillas.
Print Recipe here for Air Fryer Tortilla Chips:
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 9 Corn Tortillas
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. If your air fryer does not have a preheat option, then run the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cut each of the tortillas into 4 even pieces. Then lightly spray the tortilla pieces with the spray olive oil and season it with salt. Line the bottom of an air fryer basket with the tortillas chips. Cook for 3 minutes per side until the tortillas are browned and crispy.
- Remove the chips from the basket and let them cool to finish crisping them up.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dips and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe