This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn How to Cut Pineapple the best way so you don’t waste any of this amazing fruit. This step-by-step guide will help you cut your pineapple to enjoy.
What is the easiest way to Cut a Pineapple?
There are multiple ways to cut a pineapple. We recommend cutting the pineapple bottom and top off the pineapple. Then remove the skin and core and then cut in the desired form.
Once you have removed the skin and the core you can enjoy pineapple in wedges, pineapple into rings, or cubes to enjoy many different ways. It is important to know the best season to purchase pineapple and they way it looks.
Enjoy pineapple in smoothies, with dips, on a fruit tray and even in a baked chicken recipe. We love to enjoy this tropical fruit all summer long.
When are Pineapples in Season?
To find the sweetest, juiciest pineapple we recommend purchasing your pineapple during March until July. Most grocery stores have them available year round you can even find them already cut.
Once the pineapple is cut from the plant, it will not ripen even further. So there is no need to sit on the counter to ripen further.
What do you need:
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
How to Cut a Pineapple Easily:
- Cut Top and Bottom of Pineapple – Place pineapple on its side and use a large sharp chef’s knife to cut the top and the bottom off of the pineapple.
- Remove skin from Pineapple – Place the pineapple flat side down on the cutting board. Then remove the skin from the pineapple by slicing it off following the shape of the pineapple.
- Slice Pineapple – Then slice the pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Cut Pineapple in Half – Lay the pineapple on each half on the cutting board, cut side down and cut each half in half again lengthwise.
- Cutting around the Core – Remove the core of each pineapple quarter by cutting it at an angle. You can also use a pineapple corer.
- Dice Pineapple – Then dice each pineapple into chunks.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then the pineapple is ready to serve and enjoy.
How to Tell if a Pineapple is Ripe?
The best way to tell if a pineapple is ripe is by its color, texture and scent.
- Start with the Base – The first thing to look at is the base of the fruit. If it has an orange color or yellowish base then it is a good pineapple. If it has a green base, then pick another one.
- Color – When picking our a pineapple you want the outer skin to be the perfect golden yellow hue. Make sure not to select ones that are green as they are not ripe. You don’t want it to orange or brown because it has been overly ripe.
- Texture – Once you pick a pineapple that has a golden color, then you will squeeze it. You want it to have a little give, but not to hard.
- Smell – The perfect pineapple will have a slightly sweet aroma to it.
How to Ripen a Pineapple:
There are multiple ways to Ripen a Pineapple. There are multiple ways to Ripen a Pineapple quickly with these tips.
- Store with Other Fruits
- Place in a Brown Paper Bag
- Place in a Clear Bag
- Store Pineapple Upside Down
- Bury Pineapple in Rice
How to Cut a Pineapple Hack:
For an easy Pineapple Hack follow these easy tips:
- Get a Ripe Pineapple – This makes it easy to pull apart the pineapple eye from the fruit. This now becomes individual fruit.
- Roll the fruit on the counter – This allows for the fruit to break apart so its easier to pull from the core.
- Remove the Crown – If you are unable to pull the crown off by hand, you can use a small knife.
- Pull part the fruit – Press on the center of the eye and then this allows the fruit to separate for individual fruit.
How to Store Cut Pineapple:
- Uncut Whole Pineapples – Whole Pineapples placed in the refrigerator will last about 6 months. Do not place in the freezer.
- Cut Pineapples – After cutting up pineapple, place in the refrigerator. Do not leave out in room temperature to long. Place in an air tight container and should be eaten within a few days.
- Freezing cut Pineapples – You can freeze cut pineapples. Make sure to store in a freezer safe container. Pineapples do well in the freezer up to 6 months. We freeze first on a cookie sheet and then place in a container frozen.
Ways to Use Pineapple Chunks:
- Grill – We love to make Foil Packet Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Recipe. The flavors of the sweet pineapple with the BBQ sauce makes this chicken so flavorful.
- Make a Fruit Salad – We love having fruit especially during the summer months while we are hanging out be the pool. This Easy Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe is a crowd please and looks so beautiful mixed with all the other colors of fruit.
- Use them in a Smoothie – We love making smoothies and we always toss in some slice pineapples. This Pineapple Spinach Green Smoothie Recipe is a family favorite.
Print Instruction here on How to Cut a Pineapple:
How to Cut a Pineapple
- 1 Pineapple
- Use a large knife to cut the top and the bottom off of the pineapple.
- Place the pineapple flat side down on the cutting board. Then remove the skin from the pineapple by slicing it off following the shape of the pineapple.
- Then slice the pineapple in half lengthwise. Lay each half on the cutting board, cut side down and cut each half in half again lengthwise.
- Cut out the core of each pineapple quarter by cutting it at an angle.
- Then dice each pineapple quarter.
- Then the pineapple is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe