Homemade Butter… it is so fun to make. It is super frugal and easy too. In fact, you can get your kids involved in making butter at home. We did this last fall break. I’m not sure why I’m just now sharing it with you, but I know you will love that I did. Let talk about how to make butter with heavy whipping cream.
Homemade butter recipe
I remember making butter at home when I was a little kid. Or we maybe we made it at Kindergarten class, but I remember being fascinated that if you shook some “white liquid” long enough you ended up with delicious butter, that simply tasted amazing on saltine crackers.
I wanted to share that experience with my kids. So we did it.
We made this super easy Homemade butter recipe.
They were in awe….
Ingredients you need:
How to make butter with heavy whipping cream.
- This recipe is crazy easy…. like crazy easy. You poor about 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream into your mason jar. Make sure the lid is on tight.
- You shake it – you shake it – and you shake it.
- This is when you get help from the kids. They love it. Just look at my boys shaking their mason jars. It was hard for me to even get a picture they were having so much fun shaking and running with them.
- After a while, the liquid mixture will no long be liquid and it will have hardened into a delicious homemade butter.
- Once the liquid is gone and you start to see butter take shape. I placed it in the fridge for about an hour. You can eat it immediately, and we did. However, I liked it better when it was nice and cold.
- Now, this is unsalted butter. If you want the delicious taste of salt, just sprinkle some in and give it a quick shake. It doesn’t take much to make it nice and salty.
Making butter at home is easy!
I told you it was easy – like crazy easy to make. It was super fun too. The kids loved eating it on saltine crackers, but that night we made our homemade Kings Hawaiian Rolls recipe and this homemade butter recipe was amazing on those warm rolls.
I hope you will give this easy homemade butter recipe a try and make it with your kids. Now, we are going to adventure into making cinnamon butter. YUM!
In the meantime, try out some of these other homemade recipes:
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls recipe
- How to make Homemade biscuits
- Easy Homemade Chili Seasoning
- How to Make Homemade Cornbread Mix
- How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning