This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to make Instant Pot Beef Gyro Recipe for an easy weeknight dinner. The beef is so tender and the homemade tzatziki sauce make this gyro recipe simply amazing.
Best Beef Gyro Recipe:
Does your family love a good gyro recipe? We sure do and now thanks to the pressure cooker, I make this meal all the time. I used to think it was complicated to make a gyro recipe at home. However, this recipe is so incredibly easy and super fast.
Making the beef gyro in the instant pot makes the beef tender and it melts in your mouth. Combining the Greek Seasoning and topping with the Homemade Tzatziki Sauce makes this a crowd favorite recipe.
The homemade sauce is rich and creamy and really makes this recipe taste authentic. Wrap everything in a pita for a delicious instant pot gyros meal idea.
How is Authentic Gyro Meat Made?
Authentic Gyro Meat is traditionally served with lamb meat, chicken and beef. This meat is layered around a skewer which forms a tall tower of meat. It is slow roasted spinning around a low flame.
This meat is generously seasoned with herbs and spices. It is full of flavor and what a traditional gyro is made of.
- Thinly Slice Roast – You can also use flank steak.
- Lemon Juice
- Beef Broth
- Fresh Tomatoes and Lettuce for serving
Ingredients for Tzatziki Sauce:
- Greek yogurt
You only need a few simple ingredients for this amazing sauce. You can quickly and easily make this homemade sauce and it is so tasty.
The name sounds a little intimidating but it really is very simple to make. The seasonings blend together with the yogurt and cucumbers for a really amazing flavor.
I like to put a pretty generous drizzle of this sauce on my gyros. It is that good and just the best sauce ever.
How to Make Beef Gyros in an Instant Pot:
- Step 1 – Combine the beef onion, oregano, salt, pepper, beef broth, and lemon juice in the Instant pot. You can add some olive oil to prevent the steak from sticking.
- Step 2 – Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Step 3 – Set the pressure cook for 25 minutes (high pressure). Cooking time will vary depending on how thick and the cut of meat you use.
- Step 4 – Do a quick release to release the remaining pressure.
- Step 5 – Remove the lid and stir to combine.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce:
Step 1 – Meanwhile, make the tzatziki sauce.
- Step 2 – Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt, and garlic in medium bowl.
- Step 3 – Stir until creamy and combined. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Step 4 – Serve in warm pitas with lettuce, tomatoes and drizzle the tzatziki sauce on top.
- Step 5 – Serve the beef mixture in warm pitas with lettuce and tomatoes. Next, drizzle that yummy tzatziki sauce on top.
The kids have fun topping their gyros with veggies and sauce. It is a hit around here.
How to Assemble a Gyro:
Gyros are a authentic traditional food all over Greece and now you can enjoy them at home with this simple recipe.
- Place pita bread on a piece of foil.
- Spread the Tzatziki over the pita.
- Then top with gyro meat, veggies, feta cheese and more Tzatziki.
- Some Gyros are topped with French Fries if you prefer.
- Roll the sandwich up and serve.
What to Serve with Beef Gyros:
- Greek Fries – Take your traditional fries to the next level by tossing them with feta cheese and red onions. Add in extra seasoning such as garlic, dill and oregano.
- Greek Salad – Make a Greek Salad that is full of cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers and red onion. Add in onions and feta cheese. Make sure to mix in a Greek dressing that combines mustard, garlic and oregano.
- Sweet Potato Fries – We love to serve these Gyros with a side of sweet potatoes fries. They are flavorful and best served with these Instant Pot Beef Gyros.
- Kalamata Olives – Kalamata olives are also really good with it. The combination with the Tzatziki Sauce and the olives makes it a perfect gyro.
- Low Carb Option – We also love this beef served as a salad. Enjoy leftovers with a salad or if you are eating low carb.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place your leftovers in an air tight container and place in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. We like to place in individual containers to easily place in a pita or whole wheat wrap to have for lunch the next day.
How to Reheat:
When you are ready to serve again, just toss back in your instant pot with some beef broth.
We actually think it taste better the next time we eat as all the ingredients had time to really marinate in with the beef.
How to Freeze:
Instant Pot Beef Gyros can be placed in your Freezer. I wrap the leftovers in a plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. It will last about 3 months in the freezer.
Can I Make in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, this beef gyro recipe can be made in the crock pot. The Crock Pot Beef Gyro Recipe is just as as easy the Greek Beef instant pot recipe. I love using my crock pot on those morning that I remember to set something out or even have a meal prepped frozen.
This Beef gyro meal can be tossed in the morning and when you come home, dinner will be ready. These are my favorite kind of days.
Using the instant pot makes this gyro recipe in less than 30 minutes but the crock pot slow cooks all day. Slow cooker cooks the beef tender and delicious.
Easy Beef Instant Pot Recipe:
It is so simple but really filling and delicious. You will love it and so will the kids. The gyro meat is so tender and delicious and our entire family loves the tender slices of beef.
That is faster than going through the drive-through. The beef mixture comes together quickly in the pressure cooker. The sauce is just as simple as well. I love that I can quickly mix that up while the meat is cooking.
It is not complicated to enjoy a nice dinner with your family during the week at home. The kids have fun topping their gyros with veggies and sauce. It is a hit around here.
Print this Beef Gyro Pressure Cooker recipe below:
Instant Pot Beef Gyros
- FOR THE BEEF GYROS:
- 2 lbs roast cut into bite size pieces or strips
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 6 Warmed pita folds
- Sliced tomatoes and lettuce for serving
- FOR THE TZATZIKI SAUCE:
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber seeded and shredded
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the beef onion, oregano, salt, pepper, beef broth, and lemon juice in the Instant pot.
- Add the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure for 25 minutes (high pressure).
- Do a quick release to realease the pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, make the tzatziki sauce. Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt, and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve in warm pitas with lettuce, tomatoes and drizzle the tzatziki sauce on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe