You can make Kool aid ice cream with just 3 ingredients. This no churn ice cream recipe is so easy and really delicious. Kids will love this!
Kool aid ice cream is an easy treat!
We love making ice cream and have a blast trying new recipes. This recipe for Kool Aid Ice Cream does not disappoint. The results are amazing and you only need 3 ingredients! You read that right! Only 3 simple ingredients!
Even better, no special gadgets or machines needed for this recipe. You can make this without an ice cream machine. It really is so easy!
The hardest part of this recipe is deciding on a flavor to make. However, since the recipe is so easy, I often let the kids make two different flavors. It is so easy and also really fun for serving because you have different flavors. Yum!
- Kool Aid – choose your favorite flavor.
- Whole Milk
How to make kool aid ice cream:
First, in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk together. You want the sugar and
Kool Aid to dissolved.
Second, you need a shallow cake pan. Pour the ice cream mixture into the pan and freeze for two hours or until it is set.
Next, put the ice cream in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it is smooth.
Finally, put the ice cream mixture back into the cake pan and put it back in the freezer. You need to refreeze for about 2 to 3 more hours or until the mixture is completely frozen.
How to store:
Keep in air tight containers in the freezer. I like to enjoy the ice cream fairly soon after making. It is so good fresh. However, you can store up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
If your baking dish has a lid, just store in that container and add the top.
We make homemade ice cream frequently so I picked up a few ice cream containers for the freezer. I love these quarts and also the stackable 1.5 quart size. They are so handy to reuse when we make ice cream.
- Blue raspberry
Basically any flavor of Kool Aid will work! I almost always have Kool-Aid in the pantry so this is an easy and fun treat to make with the kids.
- You need a mixer. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Don’t use a pan to freeze the ice cream that is too deep. It works best to use a shallow pan or it will take longer for the ice cream to set.
- You definitely want to mix the ice cream and then refreeze it. Don’t be tempted to skip this step because it helps the ice cream to have the right consistency.
Let us know how it turns out!
I love how easy it is and that you don’t need an ice cream maker. You can create so many combinations with your favorite flavors.
It is the perfect treat for a Summer day. The next time you need something to beat the heat on a hot summer day, make this easy kool aid ice cream recipe.
My kids love to try new combinations. They love to make red white and blue for July 4th. So fun!
The possibilities are endless. Give this a try and let us know what flavor you make.
Print this recipe for homemade ice cream with kool aid:
Kool aid ice cream
- 1 Package Kool Aid Any Flavor
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until sugar and Kool Aid is dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow cake pan and freeze for two hours, or until mostly set.
- Spoon into mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Return to the shallow cake pan and refreeze for 2-3 more hours or until completely frozen.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe