This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Melted ice cream cake is such a fun dessert and super easy. The cake is really moist and the glaze is delicious.
Melted ice cream cake is the best!
The recipe starts with a cake mix and takes just minutes to whip up. The kids think it is so cool that ice cream is in the cake mixture. They love to help mix it all together.
We used a white cake mix and vanilla ice cream but the possibilities are endless! This cake is really so fun and easy.
The glaze is just as easy and looks so pretty. The sprinkles are optional but make the cake look so festive. You can change the colors out for different seasons or birthdays or anytime of year!
- white cake mix
- melted ice cream – This needs to be measured while melted.
For the icing:
- confectioner’s sugar
How to make melted ice cream cake:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Also, get your pan ready. We used a bundt pan and you need to spray it with cooking spray.
Second, mix the cake mix and eggs with the melted ice cream in a large mixing bowl. Make sure this is well combined.
Next, pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the cake cool completely and put it on a serving plate.
Now, let’s make the icing.
Whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and the milk. You may need to adjust the milk until the glaze is the desired consistency.
Finally, drizzle the icing all over the cake. The last thing is to add sprinkles on top. My kids like to help with this part.
Enjoy! Just slice and serve.
Can ice cream be used in baking?
Yes! It is delicious in recipes like this to make Melted Ice Cream Cake. You can also use it to to make French Toast Casserole before baking. It would also make a great bread pudding. Just substitute the liquid for ice cream.
Try more variations:
- Chocolate cake and peanut butter ice cream
- Strawberry Cake with vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream.
- Lemon Cake with vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Cake with oreo ice cream.
- Strawberry Cake with chocolate chip ice cream.
- Devil’s Food Cake with chocolate ice cream. You can use vanilla if that is too much chocolate for you.
- Yellow cake mix and peach ice cream.
- Funfetti Cake mix and strawberry, vanilla or peach ice cream.
- German chocolate cake with butter pecan ice cream.
- Red velvet cake mix and butter pecan ice cream.
- Chocolate cake and cherry garcia ice cream.
Tip: I suggest using premium ice cream in this recipe. The cake has very few ingredients so it will make a difference if you use a good brand.
Try this delicious cake!
Our family and friends love when I make this cake. We started with the base recipe and eventually tried all sorts of flavor combinations. It is just so fun!
I also like to stock up on cake mixes when they go on sale. I typically always have a couple of varieties in the pantry to use for recipes like this.
It is always nice when you can get a good price on something and serve your family amazing recipes. Plus, this is just so simple!
I don’t consider myself a baker and this is just so easy. The next time you have a craving for something sweet, give this a try! It takes minutes to prepare!
Print this melted ice cream cake recipe below:
Melted ice cream cake
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with eggs and melted ice cream.
- Stir until combined well.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan.
- Bake for about 33-36 minutes.
- Until it springs back to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely then turn cake out onto a serving plate.
- For the icing, whisk together confectioner’s sugar with the milk.
- Adding enough milk until it has reached the desired consistency.
- Then drizzle the icing all over cake. Finally, drop a few sprinkles on top for fun.
- Slice and serve!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe