Patriotic Oreo Truffles is the perfect treat to make when you need something festive and easy. This delicious recipe is decadent and stunning.
Patriotic Oreo Truffles
I love recipes that only require a few ingredients. This is a super easy recipe with just 5 ingredients. They are all really basic and not complicated at all. The results are absolutely delicious though!
Plus, the Oreo truffles look amazing! They are so festive and gorgeous with the red and blue candy melts drizzled all over. Everyone is going to go crazy over these!
We love this oreo truffle recipe and my family was super excited to see this new patriotic version. You definitely want to make these for July 4th or Memorial Day. So fun and yummy too!
- Cream Cheese – softened
- Oreo Cookies
- white almond bark
- red candy melts
- blue candy melts
How to make Patriotic Oreo Truffles:
First, line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper. Don’t skip this step. It will help with cleanup.
Second, crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor. You want them to be finely crushed. If you do not have one, put the cookies in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Next, add the softened cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies together. Mix until everything is well blended.
Now, you want to make 1″ balls with the mixture and place on the cookie sheet you prepared earlier.
After all the balls have been made, put them in the freezer for 30 minutes. This will make it so much easier to dip in the chocolate.
Go ahead and melt the chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute intervals. Stir in between each interval and repeat until everything is completely melted.
Get the oreo balls out of the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. I like to use a fork or you can use a toothpick to dip the oreo balls. Make sure each ball is entirely coated and then shake off any excess and place on the baking sheet.
Once all of the oreo balls have been coated in chocolate, heat the candy melts in two separate bowls. Just microwave for 1 minute intervals until melted. Make sure to stir in between each minute. You don’t want it to burn.
Finally, drizzle the red and blue candy melts all over the Oreo truffles. I like to do a zig zag pattern but there isn’t any wrong or right way to do this.
How to store:
Make sure to put the oreo balls in the fridge. Just put them inside an airtight container. Don’t leave them on the counter because the chocolate will start to melt and the oreo truffles will soften.
More ideas for 4th of July Oreo truffles:
- Sprinkles- Add festive red and blue sprinkles on top of the truffles. You can find some really cute patriotic ones to make cute red white and blue oreo truffles. Also, change up the sprinkles for other seasons.
- Candy Melts- The red and blue is festive for July 4th. However, you can use any color to make these work for any occasion or Holiday. Try red and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine’s Day, pastels for Easter or Spring, black and orange for Halloween.
- Chocolate- Dip these in milk chocolate for a change from the white chocolate. It is also fun and yummy to drizzle milk chocolate and white chocolate on top instead of the candy melts.
- Oreo cookies- Try other types of Oreo cookies. I bet peanut butter or red velvet would be yummy!
- Food processor – I love using my food processor to quickly and easily crush the Oreo cookies. It is such a time saver and you will use it for a lot of other recipes too.
- Cookie Scoop – Use a cookie scoop to help make the Oreo balls uniform. Plus, the scoop makes it so easy to make a bunch quickly. While you can certainly use a spoon, the cookie scoop makes it so much easier and faster.
- Lollipop sticks – Turn these into cute party favors and use a lollipop in the oreo balls. It makes them more like a cake pop and kids love them!
Print the recipe for 4th of July Oreo Truffles:
Patriotic Oreo Truffles
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 14.5 oz Oreo Cookies
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 6 ounces red candy melts
- 6 ounces blue candy melts
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor.
- Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies until well blended.
- Form mixture into 1″ balls and place on prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray.
- Heat the candy melts in separate bowls by microwaving for 1 minute stirring until melted.
- Drizzle each truffle with the melted candy melts.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe