This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Peach Glazed Ham Recipe is the perfect holiday dinner ham. This peach glaze adds so much flavor to this savory spiral ham.
Easy Peach Glazed Ham Recipe:
Ham is a traditional meat that we serve for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We use different glazes to add flavor to the bone-in ham. But the sticky, sweet peach glaze is one of our favorites.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this peach glaze. The sweet and savory flavor as the ham bakes, takes your ham recipe to this next level. We love to have additional glaze to spoon it over the top when serving.
Add your favorites potatoes, green beans and rolls to complete your holiday dinner.
Ingredients Peach Glazed Spiral Ham:
- Spiral Cut Ham (6-8 pounds)
- Peach Preserves
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
How to Make Peach Glazed Ham:
- Step 1 – Room Temperature Ham – Remove ham from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Step 2 – Preheat Oven – Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 3 – Unwrap Ham – Unwrap the ham and place it on a roasting rack or baking sheet cut side down.
- Step 4 – Heat the Glaze – Add the peach preserves, combine brown sugar, dijon mustard and salt. Add to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 5 – Simmer Glaze – Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Keep the temperature at medium-high heat.
- Step 6 – Brush on Glaze – Brush approximately ½ of the glaze mixture over the ham rind.
- Step 7 – Wrap with Aluminum Foil – Loosely wrap the top of the ham with foil.
- Step 8 – Bake Ham – Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 9 – Remove from Oven – Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil from the ham.
- Step 10 – Brush on Glaze – Brush the remaining glaze onto the ham. Make sure to get in between the slices on the ham.
- Step 11 – Bake Ham – Bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Step 12 – Rest Ham – Remove and let the ham rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 13 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the ham is ready to slice, serve and enjoy. Place ham on a cutting board to cut with a sharp knife.
What is the Best Ham to Buy?
The ham that you can purchase at the store are fully cooked ham. The best ham to use for this recipe is a Spiral Half Ham. Make sure to buy a quality ham so read the labels. Some hams maybe full of water.
Peach Glazed Ham Recipe Tips:
- Glaze – If glaze hardens while the ham is cooking, return to heat to warm it through. Heat the glaze on medium heat combine the ingredients.
- Double The Glaze – If you love the glaze as much as we do, we like to double the glaze. This allows us to serve as a side.
- Heating Ham – Heat the ham until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Use a meat thermometer reads the temperature. You can eat cold ham, but if a holiday we like it to be warm.
- Cook Ham – Cook ham in a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet for the best results. Bake ham covered with foil and then bake uncovered after cooking for about 2 hours.
- Adding Remaining Glaze – After cooking the ham, we like to add more glaze on it and cooki it longer. After adding the glaze cook the ham longer. Cook for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Cutting Ham – Spiral hams are usually precut, but you still might need to slice with a sharp knife. Make sure to get as much meat off the bone as possible. But leaving a little meat on the bone is great too.
- Change Glaze Ingredients – Feel free to add in or substitute glaze ingredients. Add in maple syrup, lemon juice, or cinnamon for warm flavors.
- Slow Cooker – Feel free to make this ham in your slow cooker instead of the ham. If you are wanting to save your oven for casseroles and side dishes, make your ham in the slow cooker.
- Ham – Feel free to choose a ham that you prefer. We love the spiral ham but you can use a smoky flavor ham to make this recipe.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Peach Glazed Ham:
Peach Glazed Ham
- Remove ham from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap the ham and place it on a roasting pan or baking sheet cut side down.
- Add the peach preserves, brown sugar, dijon mustard and salt to a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Stir and allow the mixture to simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Brush approximately ½ of the glaze mixture over the ham.
- Loosely wrap the top of the ham with foil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes per pound or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil from the ham.
- Brush the remaining glaze onto the ham and make sure to get in between the slices on the ham.
- Bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove and let the ham rest for 10 minutes.
- Then the ham is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe