This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I’m super duper excited to share with you these super quick and easy Peeps Cupcakes. My kids love these adorable and festive cupcakes and they are simple to make!
Easter cupcakes with peeps are easy to make and adorable!
They are simple.
They are affordable.
Oh… and simply adorable!
These Peeps Easter cupcakes are perfect for any Easter party and any celebration. Really… there is no reason you cannot make these super simple Peeps cupcakes. Also, they look so beautiful when you are done.
Our favorite new Easy Easter Cupcakes!
Seriously, aren’t they just adorable!? I love making festive yet still fun treats for the holidays and these Easter bunny peep cupcakes are one of my favorites.
They are so simple to throw together and are perfect for Easter. I love making adorable Easter cupcakes and cookies to celebrate the day!
What ingredients are needed for these kids Easter cupcakes?
You only need a few ingredients for these DIY Easter cupcakes. I do use a cake mix for this recipe just to keep things simple. I find that a lot of them have great flavor so I choose to use them to save time and sanity when I’m making desserts for the holidays.
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 12 cupcake liners
- egg, oil, water (according to cake mix)
- a double batch of Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (very easy to make)
- food coloring in yellow, pink, green, blue
- 24 Colored Peeps (yellow, pink, green, blue)
- Decorating sprinkles (in pink, green, yellow, and blue)
How to make Easter Cupcakes:
First bake cupcakes according to cake mix package directions and allow them to cool completely.
Then make the homemade buttercream according to directions. Generally, I make my own frosting as I think it tastes better than store bought and you can can save money too! This buttercream frosting is not hard and is made with powdered sugar so it brings a delicious sweetness to these Spring easter cupcakes.
Of if you like the taste of marshmallow frosting, our Easy Marshmallow Fluff Frosting Recipe would be delicious too.
Next separate the frosting into 4 separate bowls. Add a few drops of pink food coloring in one bowl, yellow in another bowl, blue in another, and green in another. Then mix each bowl until the color is is mixed in well.
After the frosting is the color that you desire, place each icing into a Wilton piping bag. I love these throw away bags. It makes for a much easier clean up.
Then cut out the tip and icing each cupcake. I place a dot in the center and then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
Then I added sprinkles with coordinating colors – pink on pink, yellow on yellow, etc. This is definitely optional but I think that it added a cute sparkly touch to the cupcakes so I definitely recommend it!
Finally top each cupcake with a cute bunny peep on top. Now they are ready to serve at your next Easter party!
Watch how easy it is to make these Peeps Easter Cupcakes in this video:
What variations can you make to this Easter cupcakes with peeps?
This recipe is so simple and easy to switch it up to make it your own!
- Use your favorite type of cake mix for the cupcake flavor. This would work great with chocolate cupcakes and carrot cake cupcakes as well!
- You can also use store bought frosting if you prefer or cream cheese frosting would be delicious too!
- Top with your favorite Easter treats. I used bunny peeps because I love the colors and my kids love them. You can also use the duck peeps or any of your favorite Easter candy to top these cupcakes.
Make these adorable Peeps Cupcakes today.
Several of our kids just love peeps and they were super excited when they got home from school to find these adorable peeps cupcakes. Make some for your kids and I think they will fall in love with them too!
Print this peep cupcakes recipe below:
Adorable Peeps Cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes according to package.
- Allow to cool completely
- Make the homemade buttercream according to directions.
- Separate into 4 bowls.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring in one bowl, yellow in another bowl, blue in another, and green in another.
- Mix each bowl until the color is is mixed in well.
- Place each icing into a Wilton piping bag.
- Cut out the tip and icing each cupcake. I place a dot in the center and then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
- Add sprinkles with coordinating colors – pink on pink, yellow on yellow, etc…
- Top with a cute bunny peeps on top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Easter dirt cake is an easy and delicious no bake treat perfect for dessert on Easter.
You are going to love this carrot cake cupcakes recipe loaded with flavor and so easy to make.