These Easter Bunny Cupcakes are so simple to make! Grab the kids and some simple ingredients and create bunny cupcakes for your Easter celebrations or just because!
Bunny Ear Cupcakes are fun for the kids.
These Bunny Cupcakes are adorable! Easter is just around the corner so we are thinking all things bunny. From the bunny butt desserts you see all over Pinterest to our Easter Basket Cupcakes and our Adorable Peeps Cupcakes we have Easter on the brain.
What cuter dessert for an Easter or Spring party than these adorable bunny ear cupcakes.
I love making easy desserts like these. As many of you know, I’m not much of a baker. I prefer to whip up some delicious dinners instead.
However, I love having fun in the kitchen with my kids and these bunny cupcakes do just that. The kids can easily make them on their own. In fact, a lot of these were made by my adorable children.
Now let’s get started on how to make these easy and adorable cupcakes!
Ingredients for bunny cupcakes:
You only need 6 ingredients for this dessert recipe. Now, I kind of cheat, because I use a cake mix to make the cupcakes to save time, but you can definitely use a homemade mix instead if you prefer.
However, I don’t cheat on the icing. I used a homemade buttercream frosting for these cupcakes but you can use store bought if you prefer but I would recommend purchasing 2 containers as I like at on of icing on these Easter cupcakes.
- 24 cupcakes (I used a box cake mix)
- Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting – You want 2 batches
- Large marshmallows
- Pink sprinkles
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- and Starburst Jelly beans for the nose
How to make Easter Bunny Cupcakes:
First preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare the cupcakes according to the directions on the package and let cool completely.
Make the homemade vanilla frosting with vanilla extract according to directions. Place each batch of white frosting into a Wilton piping bag. I love these throw away bags. It makes for a much easier cleanup.
Cut out the tip and begin piping white frosting on top of each cupcake. I place a dot in the center and then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
You can use a black decorator tip if you prefer but I just cut the end of my piping bag for these bunny cupcakes as I didn’t need the frosting to be perfect to look like bunny faces.
You could add these adorable white sprinkles to help “hide” the imperfections and make it a fluffy bunny.
Next cut the large marshmallows in half diagonally with kitchen shears. Place the pink sprinkles in a bowl and dip the marshmallows (cut side down) into the sprinkles. This will give you the bunny ears.
Push the new bunny ears cut into your iced cupcake. Add two eyes using the Wilton candy eyes and a nose. I used jelly beans for our nose but you could also use a chocolate candy (like M&Ms) if you prefer.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to change up Easter Bunny Cupcakes
If you cannot find pink sprinkles for the ears you can create your own pink sugar to use instead. Simply place a small amount of sugar in a bowl and add a couple of drops of pink food coloring and stir until it is combined.
Create mini Easter bunny cupcakes by using mini cupcakes and mini marshmallows for the ears! For the eyes, use mini chocolate chips and mini M&Ms candy for the nose.
These bunny cupcakes are perfect for any party!
Easter is a ton of fun, but these would be cute for a birthday party or a Spring party. What little girl wouldn’t just love these?
Print Bunny Ear Cupcakes instructions below:
Quick and Easy Bunny Cupcakes!
- 24 cupcakes prepared (I used a white box mix)
- 5 cups Homemade Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (I used 2 batches for this recipe)
- 24 Giant marshmallows
- 1 oz. Pink sprinkles
- 48 Wilton Candy Eyes
- 24 Pink Jelly Beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cupcakes according to the directions on the package and let cool completely.
- Make the homemade buttercream according to directions.
- Place each icing into a Wilton piping bag.
- Cut out the tip of the bag and place icing on each cupcake. I place a dot in the center and then start on the outside of the cupcake and swirl it around to the center.
- Cut the giant marshmallows in half diagonally with scissors.
- Place the pink sprinkles in a bowl and dip the marshmallows (cut side down) into the sprinkles. This will give you the bunny ears.
- Push the new bunny ears into your iced cupcake.
- Add two eyes using the Wilton candy eyes and a nose. I used jelly beans for our nose.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Learn how to dye Easter eggs with kool aid which is so fun to do with your kids during the Easter Season.
If you love cupcakes as much as I do, check out all of our favorite cupcake recipes here!
Try these other Easter Desserts:
- Easter Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Peeps Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Easy Bunny Cake
- Puppy Chow for Easter
- Easter Chocolate Bark
- Cake Mix Cookies for Easter
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Easter Dirt Cake