This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Rainbow sherbet punch has just 3 ingredients. It is a quick and easy party punch and so delicious for any occasion.
Rainbow sherbet punch recipe
This is one of the easiest beverage recipes to make. Punch is a classic party drink for baby showers, bridal showers and birthday parties. My kids love it and get super excited when I make it.
It is tangy and sweet with the perfect blend of fizz from the soda. Rainbow Punch is so fun and would be delicious with our rainbow cake.
What is sherbet?
It is a creamy mixture of fruit or fruit juice, milk and sugar or sweetener. The consistency resembles ice cream but instead has a fruity flavor.
The addition of milk gives this a creamier texture than sorbet. It also helps to give it the pastel color that makes punch look so pretty.
While sherbet does contain dairy, it is not nearly as much as in ice cream.
With only 3 ingredients, it is super easy to make. You can easily double this recipe for a big party. It is so simple and inexpensive.
Likewise, it is super easy to halve for less people. Sometimes, I make it just for our family for a special treat and halve the recipe. It is so easy and the kids think I am the best.
- Lemon Lime Soda (Sprite, 7 up or Ginger Ale)
- Hawaiian Fruit Punch
- Rainbow Sherbet
How to make rainbow punch
- Get out a large punch bowl. Pour the lemon lime soda and Hawaiian fruit punch in the punch bowl.
- Add the sherbet to the bowl. Top the punch with scoops of sherbet. It is best to do this right before serving so the sherbet floating doesn’t melt.
- Serve. The punch is best enjoyed immediately. You can add extra scoops as needed once the sherbet melts.
How to store leftovers:
You can refrigerate leftover punch. However, the sherbet will melt and the soda will not be as fizzy.
Can I serve my punch in a pitcher?
Yes, this punch is easy to serve in a pitcher. If you do not want to use a punch bowl, try using a clear pitcher.
You can see the pretty layers of this sherbet party punch and sherbet if you use a clear glass or plastic pitcher.
Just keep in mind it will be more difficult to scoop sherbet into each glass in a pitcher.
The vibrant colors and layers definitely need to be seen. They are so pretty.
- Try using only one flavor of sherbet. Lime sherbet, orange sherbet and pineapple sherbet make great options.
- Add in fresh fruit. Enhance the flavor by adding fresh strawberries or other types of fruit. We also like to use blueberries, pineapple and raspberries. You can even freeze the fruit to help keep the punch cool.
- If this is an adult party, add in alcohol.
- Orange juice or Pineapple juice make great add ins for a change of flavor.
Can you make in advance?
The sherbet should not be added until right before serving. However, if you need to make the juice mixture prior to the party you can.
Simply combine the liquid in the bowl or pitcher you plan to use. Refrigerate until the event. Then top with the sherbet right before serving.
- Lemon Lime Soda. Any type will work great in this recipe. You can use any brand you prefer including store brand.
- Serve right away. This punch is best served fresh. Rainbow sherbet tends to look muddy once combined and melted. You can prevent this from happening by waiting to add the sherbet until ready to serve.
- Chill the drinks before mixing. This punch tastes best cold. Chill the soda and juice prior to using to help ensure this is cold.
You will love this easy punch recipe.
It is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. We love to serve this for parties but it’s easy enough to enjoy at home.
Sometimes my kids ask for this and it isn’t any trouble. There is something so special about punch but it actually is easy to make.
There are many different variations to try and it is easy to adapt for what you have on hand. Make some of this delightful punch today for a real treat.
It never disappoints for a refreshing drink perfect for any occasion.
Print this Rainbow sherbet punch recipe below:
Rainbow Sherbet Punch
- 2 Liter Lemon Lime Soda Sprite, 7 up or Ginger Ale
- 1/3 Gallon Hawaiian Fruit Punch
- 1/2 Gallon Rainbow Sherbet
- Pour the lemon lime soda and Hawaiian fruit punch in a large punch bowl.
- Top the punch with scoops of the rainbow sherbet right before serving.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe