It is so easy to make this delicious and tasty Snow Ice Cream Recipe. Kids go crazy over this simple treat and it is a blast to make.
Snow Ice Cream Recipe
We are going to talk about how to make ice cream from snow with this simple Homemade Snow Ice Cream recipe. This vanilla snow ice cream recipe is so fun to make during the cold winter months.
If you are lucky to live somewhere with snow, you will want to make this sweet treat with minimal ingredients. Your kids will love bringing the snow in and enjoy topping it with the favorite sprinkles.
How much snow do you need for snow ice cream?
The amount of snow you need depends on what kind of snow you got. If it is extra wet and heavy then you probably need about 6-8 cups. If your fresh snow is dry and fluffy then you will probably need a little more.
The snow should be a little thinner than normal ice cream but should be able to form a scoop. You probably want to add more. I always tend to get more than I need so I can always add more.
What is snow ice cream made of?
Our kids devour it and ask for it immediately every time snow begins to fall, so I thought it was finally time for me to take a minute to show you how to make snow ice cream.
If you are not already making this, eating snow ice cream will soon become a family tradition after you start to make it. It is just so easy and a great treat.
The snow ice cream is made with simple ingredients. I like to always have these ingredients on hand during the winter as we never know when the snow is going to fall here in Oklahoma.
Is snow ice cream safe?
Yes, it is. Just use precaution in the snow you get to make the snow cream. You obviously do not want to get snow that has dirt in it or debris.
We tend to grab the snow right after it falls. We make sure that it is bright white, so we make sure that it doesn’t have debris or any other color of snow.
Ingredients for snow ice cream:
- Regular Milk (any kind will do) – You can use evaporated milk also.
- Vanilla extract
- CLEAN snow
- Sprinkles (optional)
How to make snow ice cream:
- First, in a big bowl, add milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Next, slowly mix in the clean snow. We start with 8 cups but usually end up with 10 cups of snow to get the consistency that we want.
- Keep adding until you get the desired consistency you like.
- Add sprinkles if you want and eat immediately before it melts. It melts quickly so you don’t want to delay enjoying this yummy treat.
The sprinkles are totally optional but sure add a festive touch. Plus, kids love sprinkles so it is just extra fun.
It seems we always have leftover sprinkles in the cabinet from one of our baking days. I let the kids choose which ones they want to use and it is even more special.
Tips & Tricks for Snow Ice Cream:
- The texture of the snow will determine how much snow you need. Once you make it a few times, you will figure out the texture that you like.
- Make sure you add the milk mixture a little at a time. We try to get the consistency of homemade ice cream.
- Since we have made it so many times, my kids are always willing to help make this sweet treat.
- Use sweet condensed milk and vanilla instead of milk and it turns out great!
Anything that you put on your store-bought ice cream you can top with this snow ice cream. Here are some of our favorites:
- We love any kind of sprinkles
- Make Homemade Caramel Syrup with only 5 Ingredients.
- Homemade Hot Fudge Syrup is so easy to make.
- Top it with chopped nuts.
- Chop up some candy bars and sprinkle them on your ice cream.
We have even done an snow ice cream bar with the neighborhood kids! It turned out so fun and the kids still talk about it.
Now you know how to make ice cream out of snow!
See… Snow Ice cream is really that easy to make.
It takes us less than 5 minutes to make this simple snow ice cream recipe and the kids can make it all on their own. Next time your yard is covered in snow, take some nice clean snow and make some homemade snow ice cream.
Can you freeze snow ice cream?
Yes, you can. You can also put the snow cream in the freezer to get the desired consistency as well.
Try snow ice cream and let us know what you think!
My kids are always so amazed when we make snow ice cream. It really is so cool that something so simple turns into ice cream that is so delicious.
The next snow day, try this snow ice cream for a really delicious ice cream recipe. It is such an easy recipe and you probably already have what you need to make this. You just have to wait on a snow day.
It reminds me of shaved ice and the milk sugar and vanilla mixture blend to make a rich and creamy treat. We have also used sweetened condensed milk instead of milk for a richer base.
A Favorite Winter Activity:
Making ice cream out of snow is one of our favorite winter activities. Give it a try the next time it snows and let us know what you think.
This is another great idea that it does not have to be expensive, time consuming or complicated to enjoy a great treat and make memories. I promise you that the kids will remember making snow ice cream for years to come.
You can make lots of sweet memories and enjoy a fabulous treat in minutes.
Print this easy and delicious snow cream recipe below:
Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup milk any kind will do
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8-10 cups CLEAN snow
- sprinkles optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Slow mix in the clean snow. We start with 8 cups but usually end up with 10 cups of snow to get the consistency that we want.
- Add sprinkles if you want and eat immediately before it melts.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe