This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Taco Bell Meximelt is no longer available at Taco Bell but now you can make it at home. This copycat recipes is easy to make with simple ingredients.
Copycat Taco Bell Meximelt Recipe:
My family loves when I make their favorite fast food restaurant recipes at home. This beef meximelt recipe is one of their favorites since it is no longer available at Taco Bell.
This Meximelt is loaded with ground beef, homemade taco seasoning and cheese. All wrapped in a soft flour tortilla to make a delicious family favorite recipe. If you have been craving your favorite Meximelt now you can make it at home.
My kids said that it taste even better at home and I call that a mom win. If you are looking for a melty, cheesy burrito that is full of flavors, make this recipe. It is the perfect weeknight meal or a weekend lunch.
What is a Meximelt?
A meximelt was a specialty menu item that has been taken off the menu. It is close to a soft taco and similar to a quesadilla. This fan favorite menu item is served warm but not grilled.
Serve with a side of salsa for a quick and delicious meal idea. We love to make these with leftover brown ground beef.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning (1 ounce)
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- Pico de Gallo (homemade or store bought)
How to Make Beef Meximelts Recipe:
- Step 1 – Cook Ground Beef – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break up the ground beef as it browns with a potato masher. Drain off any excess grease.
- Step 2 – Add in Taco Seasoning – Stir in the taco seasoning and water.
- Step 2 – Bring to Boil – Bring the mixture to a low boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the seasoned ground beef mixture from the heat.
- Step 3 – Wrap Tortillas – Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel. Then microwave them for 20-30 seconds to heat them through.
- Step 4 – Add the beef filling – Fill each of the tortillas with taco meat, little pico de Gallo and shredded cheese.
- Step 5 – Fold Tortillas – Fold in the ends of the tortillas and then roll them up like a burrito.
- Step 6 – Wrap in Paper Towels and microwave – Then wrap each of the Meximelts with a slightly damp paper towel. Then microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Taco Bell Meximelts Recipe Tips:
- Break the Meat – To make this Meximelt similar to the menu, make sure to bread up the ground beef. We recommend using a wood spoon to break the meat up into a fine crumble.
- Beef Mixture – Allow the beef mixture to boil with the taco seasoning and water. This allows for the mixture to thicken then remove from the burner.
- Pico De Gallo – Feel free to make your own pico de gallo with fresh ingredients. We like to make it with fresh tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Grocery Store bought salsa works, making fresh is always better. Make sure to squeeze fresh lime before serving.
- Tortilla Size – When these Meximelts were on the menu, they were made with small tortillas. But you can use any size that your prefer. The size of the tortilla will depend on how much meat you add.
- Cheese – Feel to fill this Meximelt with different types of cheddar cheese. You can use a Mexican Cheese blend, spicy cheese or nacho cheese. We have added pepper jack cheese for added flavor.
- Change the Meat – This recipe would be delicious made with ground turkey. You can also do half ground turkey and half ground beef.
What to Serve with Meximelt Taco Bell Recipe?
There are many sides to serve with this Mexican food. If you are looking for an easy meal to enjoy on Taco Tuesday, make one of these sides with your Meximelt.
- Spanish Rice – This is the best Spanish rice recipe. Making it from scratch allows your adjust the ingredients.
- Refried Beans – Easy and delicious refried beans recipe. This make an easy side dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Chips and Salsa – Homemade Salsa Recipe is so easy that you will not believe it. Make this in minutes and enjoy the best salsa and chips at home.
- Guacamole – We love to top this homemade Guacamole on this Meximelt Recipe. It is loaded with flavor and easy to make.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag and refrigerate for up to 4-5 days. Make sure to wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, just reheat in the microwave.
Can you Freeze Meximelts?
Yes, these meximelts freeze great. These are great to meal prep with and taken on the go. Simply prepare the meximelts as indicated and wrap in plastic wrap. I like to add an extra layer of foil to protect the Meximelts.
Place in a freezer safe container or freezer zip lock freezer bag. If stored properly they will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
When ready to serve, thaw in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave. This makes for a super easy lunch at work.
Print Recipe for Taco Bell Meximelts:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning 1 ounce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 6 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo homemade or store bought
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Break up the ground beef as it browns. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and water.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the meat mixture from the heat.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 20-30 seconds to heat them through.
- Fill each of the tortillas with meat, pico de Gallo and shredded cheese. Fold in the ends of the tortillas and then roll them up like a burrito.
- Then wrap each of the Meximelts with a damp paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Copycat Taco Bell Recipes:
- Taco Bell Quesarito Recipe
- Taco Bell Steak Quesadilla Recipe
- Taco Bell Frito Burrito
- Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap Recipe
- Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Fries Recipe