This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Enjoy your Taco Bell fix at home when you make this delicious Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe. This Mexican Pizza is loaded with your favorite toppings and has the perfect crispy crust that we all love.
Homemade Mexican Pizza Copycat Recipe:
We love re-creating recipes at home from our favorite restaurants to save time and money. We perfected this Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe and it is amazing. In fact, I think it tastes better and the kids agreed.
My kids and I love Mexican food and Pizza. So this recipe has become a family favorite. I love recreating recipes at home and this one pleased everyone. I love the simple ingredients and simple process.
What is Taco Bell Mexican Pizza made of?
We love the simple ingredients in this recipe. The crispy tortilla that you fry in a skillet to the refried beans and seasoned ground beef. All the ingredients combined together makes the most amazing Mexican pizza.
My kids will add in their favorite toppings. One even makes it without cheese as he is not a fan. I love that they can prepare this meal themselves and also get creative with their toppings.
Taco bell Mexican pizza ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil
- Taco size Flour Tortillas
- Refried Beans
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Green Onions, Sliced
- Black Olives, sliced
How to Make Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at Home:
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Step 3 – Next, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer for 4-6 until the water is cooked off and flavors are combined.
- Step 4 – In a separate large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Cook the tortillas in the oil one at a time for 3-4 minutes until they are crispy.
- Step 5 – You will need to the flip tortillas regularly. Follow this process with the rest of the flour tortillas.
- Step 6 – Heat up the refried beans in the microwave.
- Step 7 – Then lay 4 of the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Step 8 – Top with a layer of the refried beans and then the taco meat.
- Step 9 – Then place the other tortilla on top.
- Step 10 – Place some of the red enchilada sauce on top of the 2nd tortilla.
- Step 11 – Place shredded cheese on top. Assemble all the pizzas.
- Step 12 – Then bake for 8-10 minutes until they are heated through and the cheese is melted on top.
- Step 13 – Top with your favorite toppings. My favorite is to top with tomatoes and green onions.
How to Cook Taco Meat:
This recipe is great to make with leftover taco meat. But you can also prepare taco meat fresh to make this recipe.
Taco meat can either be prepared in the crock pot, instant pot or on the skillet. You only need 3 ingredients to prepare the meat. Combine ground beef, salsa and taco seasoning to make delicious taco meat.
Mexican Pizza Topping ideas:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Quick Salsa Verde De Tomatillo Recipe
- Very Simple Guacamole Recipe
- The best pico de gallo recipe
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
What to serve with Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe?
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is a recipe that can be served by itself. My kids tend to make this for an afternoon snack. But if we do have it for dinner, we like to serve these sides to complete the meal:
As with any pizza that you make, the options are endless when making this Mexican Pizza. Try these variations the next time you make this pizza:
- If you don’t like refried beans you can omit them.
- You can use, low carb tortilla instead if you wanting a low carb options.
- Change up the meat – use chicken or ground turkey instead.
- If we are out of flour tortillas, corn tortillas works great with this recipe too.
- You can also make this a vegetarian option and load the mexican pizza up with all the veggies.
- We like to top ours with a little taco sauce before serving.
Tips for The Best Taco Bell Pizza:
Making Mexican Pizza is a fun way to change up Taco Tuesday. This is a quick and easy meal idea. Here are some tips to help make this a recipe great for your family too:
- Whatever type of store bought tortilla you use, just make sure that you make them crispy. We feel like it just holds everything together and it doesn’t make a soggy pizza.
- Some of my kids like to put cheese in the middle as well as on on top. They feel like putting in the middles keeps the pizza together.
- If you are making this a vegetarian pizza, make sure to buy the vegetarian refried beans.
- We like spicy foods, so we will use hot enchilada sauce or a mixture of medium and hot sauce. You can even top with some jalapeno’s for some extra flavoring.
How to Store Leftovers:
Place the leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge. The leftovers will last about 2 days.
How to Reheat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza:
To reheat the Mexican Pizza place in the oven, microwave, or the air fryer until warm.
Print Easy Mexican Pizza Recipe:
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the excess grease from the pan. Then stir in the taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer for 4-6 until the water is cooked off and flavors are combined.
- In a separate large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook the tortillas in the oil one at a time for 3-4 minutes until they are crispy. You will need to the flip tortillas regularly. Follow this process with the rest of the flour tortillas.
- Heat up the refried beans in the microwave.
- Then lay 4 of the tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Top with a layer of the refried beans and then the ground beef.
- Then place the other tortilla on top. Place some of the red enchilada sauce on top of the 2nd tortilla and place shredded cheese on top. Assemble all the pizzas.
- Then bake for 8-10 minutes until they are heated through and the cheese is melted on top.
- Top with the sour cream, tomatoes, green onions and black olives. Slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Tex-Mex Recipes to try:
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Taco Pizza Recipe
- Quick Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Easy Baked Enchilada Chicken Recipe
Plus check out 100 of the Best Mexican Recipes.