Our family loves this Taco pizza recipe and it is so easy to prepare. This easy Mexican pizza is loaded with so much flavor and tons of delicious toppings. It is our favorite Mexican Monday dish.
Taco pizza recipe
Pizza is always a popular dinner choice around here but I wanted something different. We love Mexican food so I thought it seemed like a great idea to make a Taco Pizza. What could be better than a slice of pizza with all of your favorites that you normally find on a taco?
Even better, the pizza uses a ready made crust so it is SO easy! You can put this together faster than going to get pizza take out. Not only will you save time but also money with this tasty dinner.
Sounds like a winner to me. 🙂
Taco pizza ingredients:
- Precooked Pizza Crust (12-16 inches)
- Taco Seasoning (Learn how to make homemade taco seasoning.)
- Refried Beans (15 oz) (Try our homemade refried beans. )
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tomato, Diced
- Green Onions, Sliced
- Black Olives, Sliced
How to make taco pizza quickly:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the excess grease from the pan.
Next, stir in the taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer for 4-6 until the water is cooked off and flavors are combined.
Combine the salsa and refried beans together in a microwave safe bowl. Then heat them up slightly so they’re easier to spread.
Then assemble the pizza.
Place the premade crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread a layer of the refried beans mixture onto the crust. Top with the ground beef and cheese.
Bake for approximately 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted. Remove the oven and top with the sour cream, diced tomatoes, green onions and black olives.
Slice and enjoy!
Taco pizza is that easy!
It takes just minutes to make this taco pizza recipe. We love using a store bought pizza crust because it is so quick. You can make this in hardly any time at all even on busy weeknights.
If you prefer to use a homemade pizza dough, you can definitely do that. Just do what works best for your family.
It is a great recipe and the taco meat and beef mixture taste amazing with taco sauce, cheese and more! Your family will love this meal that is so simple to make.
What to serve with taco pizza?
Keep it simple and just serve with a side salad. We do this a lot and it is something nice and light to pair with the pizza.
Plus, you can double the recipe and keep some in the freezer. We do this all of the time for quick meals and it is so nice during busy weekdays.
Have you made your own Taco Seasoning yet?
I’m also using my favorite Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix to make this Mexican pizza.
If you don’t have any homemade, you can use ½ taco seasoning package, but I would like to challenge you to make your own taco seasoning.
It tastes great and it hardly any work. I bet you already have everything to make it! You won’t go back to the packets once you make your own!
I love knowing exactly what is in the seasonings I am cooking with. Plus, it saves money!
More ideas for easy taco pizza:
You can even substitute ground turkey. This meal is so easy and delicious for a great dinner idea. You can even mix ground turkey and ground beef together.
Add black beans to the beef mixture if you want to stretch your meat budget. It will still taste amazing.
You are going to love having this on your regular menu plan rotation. Save money by using what you already have in your freezer or can get on sale at the grocery store.
It’s also great if you are trying to save money on groceries which is a must at our house! This is definitely a recipe that is budget friendly, doesn’t take a lot of time to make and everyone enjoys.
In fact, we saved 50% off just by menu planning! The savings really add up and you will love these great meals.
This recipe is so much better than fast food and you save money too!
Print this Mexican pizza recipe below:
- Taco pizza ingredients:
- 1 Precooked Pizza Crust 12-16 inches
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning or ½ a packet(Learn how to make homemade taco seasoning.)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 can Refried Beans 15 oz
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- 1/2 cup Black Olives Sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the excess grease from the pan. Then stir in the taco seasoning and water. Allow to simmer for 4-6 until the water is cooked off and flavors are combined.
- Combine the salsa and refried beans together in a microwave safe bowl. Then heat them up slightly so they’re easier to spread.
- Then assemble the pizza. Place the premade crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread a layer of the refried beans mixture onto the crust. Top with the ground beef and cheese.
- Bake for approximately 5 minutes until the cheese is completely melted. Remove the oven and top with the sour cream, diced tomatoes, green onions and black olives.
- Slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Enjoy this Pita pizza recipe in minutes with the toppings of your choice.
Try these other easy taco recipes:
- Crock Pot Ground Chicken Tacos
- Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos
- The Best Shrimp Tacos
- Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 5 Minute Baja Shrimp Taco Recipe
- Crock Pot Chipotle Steak Tacos Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Oven Baked Tacos