Ok, I have the cutest Halloween treat for your kids! They are going to love it. It would be super fun for an after school snack or a fun Sunday afternoon treat. I love it because it is healthier too than your traditional treat. You just have to make your kids these cute Orange Jack-O-Lanterns filled with Fruit
Ingredients you need:
- 3 Oranges (in this case I used Grapefruit Oranges)
- ½ cup Blackberries
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Strawberries (sliced)
How to make these Orange Jack O lanterns
1. Rinse all fruit. Dry.
2. Using a straight edged knife on your grapefruit orange, turn knife inward at an angle while making a complete circle (just like you would for a pumpkin). This will release the top of your grapefruit orange. Remove and set top aside.
3. Begin to remove the inside of the grape fruit orange by using a small spoon. Place the grapefruit orange juice and pulp into a small bowl. You can save it and serve as a refreshing drink next to your treats!
4. Once the grapefruit orange is empty, use a small knife to cut out your jack-o-lantern face! Be creative. You can carve square eyes, triangle eyes, a smile, or big teeth! Have fun!
5. Slice the very top from 3 strawberries. Use this as a garnish on top of your orange jack-o-lantern! You can secure it with a toothpick, or a dab of honey.
6. Slice the strawberries into quarters and then in half again.
7. Evenly distribute the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries into each jack-o-lantern. Use a toothpick or tiny spoon to serve.
Your family, friends, and children will love these friendly Halloween treats!