Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is made with just 4 ingredients. Delicious and easy to make pork tenderloin that is sure to impress your family.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe:
Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon is a tasty dinner idea. We love that we can make this rich and hearty pork tenderloin with an additional 4 simple ingredients. The pork tenderloin is wrapped in bacon and then seasoned with simple ingredients.
After baking the tenderloin for less than 15 minutes it is then basted with BBQ sauce. Place back in the oven to broil the bacon wrapped tenderloin to make the bacon crispy and to caramelized the barbecue sauce.
Bacon and BBQ sauce combined makes this Pork Tenderloin a family favorite. It pairs perfectly with some macaroni and cheese or bake potato. You might also like Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe and Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts Recipe.
Do I need to Sear the Pork Tenderloin?
In this recipe we did not sear the pork tenderloin prior to wrapping the bacon around it. But if you prefer you can sear it for about 5 minutes on each side prior to wrapping it in bacon.
This gives the pork tenderloin a head start on cooking it in the oven. Some recipes says it helps to make sure that the entire pork tenderloin cooks evenly. But we did not have any problems with the pork cooking entirely in the oven.
- Pork Tenderloin (2 pieces of tenderloins 1 pound each)
- BBQ Sauce
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Step 2 – Wrap each pork tenderloin with 4 pieces of bacon. Secure each bacon slice with a toothpick or two.
- Step 3 – Place the tenderloins on the baking sheet and season the pork with the salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Bake for 14-17 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Step 5 – Baste the pork with the BBQ Sauce.
- Step 6 – Broil the pork tenderloins for 3-4 minutes to make the bacon crispy and to caramelize the BBQ sauce.
- Step 7 – Remove the pork from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy.
How to Wrap Pork Tenderloin in Bacon:
Pork Tenderloin is easy to wrap in bacon strips. We wrapped these tenderloins in 4 pieces of bacon each and secured the bacon with a toothpick.
Depending on the size of your tenderloin you may need more or less strips of bacon.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin:
After the Pork Tenderloin in bacon, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. We like to line our baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. If you prefer you can drizzle some olive oil on the baking sheet.
Place the bacon wrapped tenderloin in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. I use an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to the right temperature before serving.
Once the tenderloin is cooked to the right temperature, then baste the tenderloin with BBQ sauce and broil for additional few minutes. This allows the bacon to get crispy and the BBQ sauce to caramelized.
How Long to Cook:
Baking the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin doesn’t take long. Once you have wrapped the tenderloin in bacon, place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
Make sure you use an meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork tenderloin. The temperature should reach 145 degrees when the pork tenderloin is done.
After adding BBQ sauce, we like to broil for additional few minutes to get the bacon nice and crispy. From start to finish you can have dinner on the table in less than 25 minutes.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin?
We love to serve some amazing sides with Pork Tenderloin. It is a great recipe to serve your family and also for a BBQ. After the tenderloin has rested, it is great to slice and let everyone grab a slice.
These are some of our favorite easy side to make:
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots – These carrots are buttery and sweet for a tasty and easy side dish. This side is great for a weeknight meal or to serve at your next BBQ.
- Green Beans with Bacon – Once you try green beans cooked with bacon, there isn’t any going back to eatiing plain green beans. There isn’t any comparison because the bacon just adds so much flavor.
- Mashed Potatoes – This recipe is a game changer and makes mashed potatoes so simple. No need for separate pans and boiling potatoes. This easy recipe does not require any boiling or draining.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce – If you prefer, you can make your own BBQ Sauce. It is simple to make and budget friendly.
- Use Turkey Bacon – You can use Turkey Bacon instead if your prefer to wrap the pork loin.
- Spicy Option – You can add in some red pepper flakes with the BBQ to give your tenderloin a little bit of kick.
- Sweeter Option – If you would like to have a sweeter option, you can mix in brown sugar with BBQ sauce.
- Add other seasoning – We like to add in some garlic salt or garlic powder on the tenderloin.
- Don’t forget the BBQ Sauce – We always make sure to baste the pork tenderloin with BBQ Sauce. Even my kids that don’t like BBQ Sauce will it because it gives the tenderloin so much flavor.
- Overcooking Pork Tenderloin – It is never a good idea to overcook pork. It become tough and there really isn’t anything to help make it tender again. Make sure to watch your tenderloin closely and use a meat thermometer.
- Let it Rest – Make sure to let your pork rest when you remove from the oven. It gives time for the juices to really marinate into the pork. If you cut it to early all the juices will just run on your plate.
How to Store Leftovers:
- Storing – Refrigerate any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Reheating your Leftovers – You can either microwave your leftovers or place them on a baking sheet and heat in a preheated oven of 350 degrees.
- Freezing your Leftovers – Pork Tenderloin can be frozen if placed in an air tight freezer safe container. It will stay good for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator when you are ready to serve.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin:
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pounds Pork Tenderloin 2 pieces of tenderloins 1 pound each
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wrap each pork tenderloin with 4 pieces of bacon. Secure each bacon slice with a toothpick or two.
- Place the tenderloins on the baking sheet and season them with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Baste the pork with the BBQ Sauce.
- Broil the pork tenderloins for 3-4 minutes to make the bacon crispy and to caramelize the BBQ sauce.
- Remove the pork from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe