Creamy, delicious Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes is an easy side dish. This low carb side is full of flavor with easy ingredients.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
This smooth and creamy, buttery mashed cauliflower recipe side dish is low carb and keto friendly. You will be surprised how close this taste just like regular mashed potatoes. The ingredients that are added really pull this side dish together to make a crowd favorite.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are really simple to make. They are even easier than making regular mashed potatoes. There is no peeling involved with the cauliflower. You can easily prep the cauliflower ahead of time if you plan on making this side dish.
This full of flavor side is mouth watering and you won’t even your mashed potatoes. If you are looking for an alternative or trying to stay within your low carb diet, make this easy recipe. My family loves mashed potatoes and will eat these instead.
Easy Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes:
If you have never tried Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes then you are in for a treat with this easy recipe. It is all about what ingredients that are added to this delicious side. You can turn bland cauliflower into flavor mashed potatoes in not time.
We like to keep things simple when we are making a recipe. But feel free to add in other tasty ingredients. Garlic, Parmesan and Sour Cream are a few of our suggestions.
Impress your family this holiday season and bring this mashed cauliflower. They might be surprised they are eating a healthier option to their favorite mashed potatoes.
- Fresh Cauliflower
- Cream Cheese
- Butter, divided
- Chives (for topping)
How to Make Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
- Prepare Cauliflower – Cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Wash cauliflower thoroughly.
- Steam Cauliflower – Steam the cauliflower for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the liquid off the cauliflower.
- Add Cream Cheese – After draining, place the cauliflower back into the pot. Then add the cream cheese and 4 Tablespoons of the butter.
- Add in Seasoning – Season with Salt and pepper. You can add any other ingredients that you prefer.
- Mix the Cooked Cauliflower – Mix with a hand mixer until the cauliflower is the consistency you prefer. Be careful not to overmix. You can also use a potato masher or immersion blender.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top with remaining butter and chives. Then serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
There are many delicious meats that can be served with this Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Recipe – This is a great meat to served with this side. You can also serve this as a base and place the beef on top.
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon – If you are keeping this light, make this air fryer salmon recipe. It pairs perfectly with the cauliflower and we also like to add some steamed broccoli.
- Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops – Pork chops are always a family favorite and perfect on the grill.
Can you Freeze Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes?
We do not recommend freezing cauliflower mashed potatoes. The texture and the taste doesn’t hold up when you try to thaw it out.
How much Cauliflower do I need?
You will need more than you think you will need. For my family we usually use about 2 to 3 heads of cauliflower to make this recipe.
- Add Bacon – Mix in some cooked crumbled bacon for added flavor. Most people when you say there is bacon in it, they will try it.
- Ranch Seasoning Packet – We love the flavors in the Ranch Seasoning packet. It really enhances the flavors.
- Mix in Cheese – To make loaded cauliflower mashed potatoes, add cheese and bacon to the mix. Parmesan Cheese is also a good addition.
- Half and Half – You can always do half potatoes and half Cauliflower to please everyone.
- Greek Yogurt – Mix in plain greek yogurt for added creaminess.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Keto Recipe:
There are many reasons why this is one of my favorite low carb recipe. Not only is it keto friendly, it is easy to prepare. The consistency of this side dish is very similar to regular mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are very flavorful if seasoned properly. You can add in many different seasoning, creams, or cheese to really enhance the flavor. They are easy to prepare ahead of time and reheat just like regular mashed potatoes.
They are the perfect comfort food to many of your main dishes. I have even taken them to our holiday dinner and everyone loved them.
How to Cut Cauliflower:
For an easy way to cut cauliflower in florets, we give you all the tips here. We love cooking cauliflower in many different ways and in some yummy home cook recipes.
Cauliflower florets can be made into cauliflower rice or roasted for a side dish. You can also finely chop it and placed in casseroles or for cauliflower soup. You can even use these steps to make mashed potatoes.
How to Store:
This mashed cauliflower is best served fresh. but you can refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What if My Mashed Cauliflower is Watery?
If you have problems with your mashed cauliflower being to watery, you may need to squeeze the cauliflower with a towel. Washed and prepared you cauliflower and then place it in a food processor or chop with a hand mixer.
Once the cauliflower is minced into small pieces, place in a towel and squeeze any excessive water off. I have made the mashed cauliflower without squeezing in a towel and came out just fine.
Print Recipe here for Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs fresh cauliflower
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons butter divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chives for topping
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Steam the cauliflower for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the liquid off the cauliflower.
- After draining, place the cauliflower back into the pot. Then add the cream cheese and 4 Tablespoons of the butter.
- Season with Salt and pepper.
- Mix with a hand mixer until the cauliflower is the consistency you prefer. Be careful not to overmix.
- Top with remaining butter and chives. Then serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Keto Recipes:
- Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet Recipe
- Easy Keto Green Enchilada Chicken Soup Recipe
- Keto Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe