This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
With only 5 ingredients, Grilled Bone in Pork Chops Recipe is simple. This recipe is perfectly cooked in less than 20 minutes.
Grilled Bone in Pork Chops Recipe
It is so easy to grill perfect pork chops every time. We are going to show you how to season pork with minimum ingredients for the best dinner.
These bone in pork chops on the grill have a simple dry rub and they are grilled to perfection. You are going to be pleasantly surprised how tender and juicy grilled pork chops are.
This lean meat is the perfect choice to grill for dinner. It is a tasty change from chicken.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to make bone in pork chops on the grill:
- Prepare the gas grill. Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Rub the meat with oil. Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- Mix together the seasonings. In a small bowl, whisk together all the seasonings: paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoning to pork chops. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Grill the meat. Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat). Grill for 2 minutes per side. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack).
- Reduce the heat. Turn the grill to medium high heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Rest and enjoy. Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate. Then serve warm and enjoy!
How long to grill bone in pork chops?
Bone in pork chops take about 20 minutes total to grill. They grill on direct heat for 2 minutes per side.
Then you turn the grill heat down they grill on indirect heat. This takes another 10 to 15 minutes once the meat is moved to the other side of the grill.
Keep a close watch on pork chops so they don’t cook too long and become dry. If you cook pork chops on the grill too long, they will get tough and dry. We don’t want this to happen.
How do you grill pork chops without drying them out?
I recommend using a meat thermometer to make sure you are not overcooking the pork. This instant read meat thermometer is what I use and it is so handy. I use it frequently to ensure the meat is cooked properly.
What temperature should pork be cooked to?
Pork needs to have an internal temperature of 165 degrees. For the most accurate reading, insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop.
Make sure you always do this in the thickest part of the meat. It is important for accuracy.
How to store leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days. It is delicious reheated and makes a great lunch or dinner.
We love to make a stir fry with the meat to enjoy for another meal. Simply cut the meat off the bone and use the pieces in the stir fry.
It is so easy and your family will think you cooked an entirely new meal. The pork chops are also good with salad and baked potato for lunch the next day.
GRILLED PORK CHOP VARIATIONS
- You can use bone-In or thick cut boneless pork chops. However, bone in pork chops seems to not dry out.
- Another idea is to marinade your pork chops for up to 3 days in advance for more flavor. There are so many delicious flavor combinations with brown sugar, black pepper, lemon juice and more.
- Pork tenderloin is another option for grilling.
Tips for grilled pork chops:
- The meat needs to be room temperature before placing on the grill. This ensures even cooking. Otherwise, the outside will be overcooked while the inside is not fully cooked.
- Thick cut, bone in pork chops withstand grill heat the best. Try to use this type to ensure they do not get dry. The bone helps to keep the meat moist.
- Always use a meat thermometer to know the meat is cooked. You do not want to overcook the pork or they will be dry and tough.
- Don’t omit the salt in the dry rub. Salt helps to prevent the meat from drying out. It also tenderizes the meat and helps the pork chops retain water. This in turn results in perfect pork chops.
- Allow the pork chops 5 to 10 minutes to rest before serving. This will keep all the juices inside and make it even more moist and delicious.
- Meat will continue to cook after you take it off the grill during the resting period. Some people suggest taking it off the grill once it reaches 135 because it will continue to cook and reach 145 while resting.
What to serve with grilled pork chops?
- Grilled Green Beans. The flavor of green beans is fabulous on the grill and clean up is so easy.
- Garlic Bread. Grilled bread is so quick and the grill flavor is the best. Once you start grilling garlic bread, you will lov eit.
- Easy Parmesan Pasta. With only 4 ingredients, this pasta is quick and easy. This is a favorite with the kids in our house.
You can find more pork chop sides to serve. There are lots of great options to serve with grilled pork chops.
Print this recipe for Grilled bone in pork chops below:
Grilled Bone-In Pork Chop Recipe
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the seasonings: paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat). Grill for 2 minutes per side. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack).
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe