This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
It is so easy to grill perfectly cooked pork chops in just 20 minutes. Learn how to grill pork chops for a tender and flavor packed meal.
Easy Grilled bone-in Pork Chop Recipe
With only 4 ingredients, pork chops on the grill makes the best dinner option. They are so tender and not the least bit dry. We have the best tips and tricks to make this grilled pork chop recipe amazing.
The key is cooking them for the correct amount of time. Overcooking pork chops results in dry and tough meat. They also need about 10 minutes to rest and lock in all the juices.
Don’t worry, we have a step by step guide for making the best ever pork chops. If you thought they were boring in the past, think again.
The entire family will ask for grilled pork chops again and again. You will not believe the amazing flavor with only 4 simple ingredients.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
How to grill pork chops:
- Step 1. Fire up the grill. Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2. Prepare the meat. Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- Step 3. Season the pork. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Step 4. Grill the pork chops on direct heat. Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) for 2 minutes per side.
- Step 5. Grill on indirect heat. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack). Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Step 6. Allow the meat to rest. Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate before serving and cutting.
- Step 7. Serve and enjoy. Serve warm with your favorite side dishes.
What to serve with pork chops:
We love to keep the kitchen cool and mess free by choosing side dishes that can be grilled. There are endless sides that taste delicious with pork but below you will find our favorites.
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe. In just minutes, this healthy and flavorful veggie pairs nicely with pork chops.
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob. The kids love corn on the cob and the grill flavor is the best.
- Foil Packets Grilled Potatoes . Foil packets make clean up a breeze and result in tender and delicious potatoes.
How long to grill bone in pork chops
The easiest way to know how long to grill pork chops is to use a meat thermometer. Pork Chops take about 20 minutes total but cooking times can vary.
Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to a safe temperature before removing from the grill. Pork should have an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
We use our instant read thermometer almost daily. If you do not have one, they are well worth the purchase.
Pork can dry out very quickly. It is important to keep a close eye on them while cooking. Overcooking by just a couple of minutes can result in overly dry pork.
How to cook bone in pork chops in oven:
If the weather does not suit for grilling, cook the pork chops in the oven. Coat in oil and seasoning as normal.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. We prefer to set the oven to 350 degrees because it helps to seal in the juices as opposed to a higher oven temperature.
The internal temperature of the pork should be 145 degrees. Boneless pork chops take about 5 minutes less to cook if you decide to use those.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We all agree that pork chops taste great the next day. This is definitely a leftover dinner everyone argues about who gets it!
You can put the leftovers in one large container or go ahead and make individual portions. Everyone can grab one for lunch or dinner on a busy day with lots of activities.
This is a basic recipe but you can easily add all sorts of seasonings and marinades to this.
- Marinade. You can easily marinade the pork in your favorite seasonings or before grilling.
- Dry Rub. Use your favorite seasonings. From black pepper and garlic powder to your favorite dry rub, it will be delicious.
- Salad dressing. My kids like when I use Italian dressing on the pork chops. It adds the perfect amount of flavor.
Tips for cooking pork chops on grill:
- Meat thermometer. This is the most accurate way to ensure the pork chops are cooked to perfection. You will get lots of use out of a meat thermometer.
- Allow to rest. The meat should rest for about 10 minutes after cooking. This will help to seal in all those delicious juices that make it so moist and not at all dry.
- Grill. Feel free to use a charcoal grill or gas grill to cook these. Either option will result in delicious pork chops.
- Similar size pork chops. Try to choose pork chops that are the same size. This will help make cooking them evenly easier.
- Cuts of pork. You can grill boneless pork chops but the grill time will need to be reduced. They do not take as long to cook as bone in chops.
- Hot Grill. Make sure to preheat the grill. Don’t skip this step as the grill needs to be hot when placing the pork chops on the grates.
- Indirect heat. It is important to move the meat to indirect heat after the directed time. This will ensure they are grilled to perfection and not dry.
Make this delicious meal.
Dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes with this easy recipe for grilled pork chops. It is budget friendly, delicious and sure to be a hit.
Pork chops are not difficult at all to cook. It is a very simple meal to prepare but the instructions must be followed precisely. This will guarantee pork with the best flavor that is tender and juicy.
With so few ingredients and such a simple recipe, this is faster than going to get take out. It taste better too. Give it a try!
Print recipe for how to grill pork chops:
How to Grill Pork Chops
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat).
- Grill for 2 minutes per side. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack).
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate before serving and cutting.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy pork chop recipes:
- Crockpot Teriyaki Pork Chops Recipe
- Coke Marinated Pork Chops
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
- Grilled teriyaki pork chops recipe