This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops have the best flavor, and each bite is so tender. Grilled pork chops go from grill to table in about 15 minutes. You can enjoy juicy pork chops even during busy weekdays.
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
Pork Chops on the grill make such an easy dinner idea and the flavor can’t be beat. The barbecue sauce combined with the grill flavor makes for the best meal.
You can use a charcoal grill or gas grill. Either way is fine. The entire recipe is very quick and takes only 15 minutes. I doubt you can even get takeout in that amount of time.
They only take a few minutes per side to cook. It is the easiest meal.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Vegetable Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to grill bbq pork chops:
- Step 1. Fire up the grill. Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2. Prepare the pork chops. Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops. Season them with the salt and pepper and rub it into the pork chops.
- Step 3. Grill the meat. Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) and cook for 4-6 minutes on medium heat. Do not touch the meat and wait until the pork releases from the grill.
- Step 4. Flip the pork chops and continue to cook. Once you flip the pork chops, they will cook a few minutes. Cook the pork chops for 3-5 more minutes on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill.
- Step 5. Baste with BBQ Sauce. Then baste both side of the pork chops with the barbecue sauce.
- Step 6. Continue to cook. Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minutes to caramelize the barbecue sauce on the pork chops.
- Step 7. Allow to rest. Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes.
- Step 8. Serve and enjoy. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy!
How long do you cook BBQ Pork Chops on the grill?
It is important that pork chops are cooked for the correct amount of time. They are easy to cook but overcooking will result in tough and dry meat. How long do you bbq pork chops on the grill?
The best way to ensure the pork chops are cooked properly is to use a meat thermometer. We use ours almost daily and it is well worth the purchase.
Make sure that the pork chops have an internal temperature of 145 degrees F before serving. We have an instant read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to a safe temperature before serving. This is the best way to ensure you have cooked it long enough.
As you will notice in this recipe, the pork is initially cooked on direct heat. However, it is moved after a few minutes to indirect heat. This step is key for making perfectly cooked pork.
Can I use boneless pork chops?
Boneless Pork chops can be used. However, you will need to pay extra attention to ensure they do not dry out.
Boneless meat tends to dry out faster than bone in pork chops. Be very careful to not overcook the meat.
How to store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to go ahead and place the meat inside individual containers. This makes it easy for quick lunches on the go.
I like to use the divider containers and add some of the leftover side dishes as well. If you don’t have any left, you can always make a quick salad.
What is the secret to grilling pork chops?
The secret to amazing grilled pork chops is to cook them over direct heat for a few minutes and then move them to indirect heat.
Don’t repeatedly flip them and only flip once the meat releases from the grill.
They do not take long to cook and need to be watched carefully. Once they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees, it is important to remove them from the grill.
Tips for the best bbq pork chops:
- BBQ Sauce. Do not add the BBQ sauce until the end of the cook time as the sugar in the barbecue sauce will cause the pork chops to burn.
- Meat thermometer. It is important to use a thermometer so that you do not overcook the meat. It does not take long to cook and can quickly become dry and tough.
- Prepare the grill. It needs to be preheated so that it is hot when the meat is placed on the grill.
What to serve with barbecue pork chops?
- Grilled Vegetables in Foil Pack. There isn’t any clean up involved when you make veggie foil packs. With a delicious assortment of veggies, everyone will be happy.
- Easy Grilled Garlic Bread. Keep the kitchen cool and grill garlic bread to complete the meal. It is so yummy and has the best grill flavor too.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes. Sweet and tender sweet potatoes taste great with pork chops and the grill makes it easy.
These are just a few of our favorite side dishes. We love to make everything on the grill because it is just so easy. It keeps the kitchen clean and dinner a breeze.
However, these are just options. Pork goes with numerous sides so feel free to choose your favorite.
Substitution and Additions:
- Dry Rub. Instead of BBQ Sauce, you can use your favorite dry rub.
- Barbecue sauce. Switch things up and try different flavors of BBQ sauce. The possibilities are endless.
- Boneless Pork Chops. Substitute boneless meat for the bone in pork chops.
- Grilled Chicken. We love to make BBQ Grilled Chicken instead of pork sometimes. It is delicious with barbecue sauce.
Just keep in mind that chicken has a different internal temperature than pork. Chicken should be cooked until 165 degrees internal temperature.
We love Grilled Pork Chops.
It is so easy to make and really delicious. This meal is budget friendly and super quick. Forget take out and enjoy this meal at home with your family.
The meat is so tender and flavor packed. Each bite is juicy and loaded with flavor. The entire family will love this dinner idea.
It is a must try and one to keep on permanent rotation in the menu plan.
Print the recipe for Grilled BBQ Pork Chops:
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops and season them with the salt and pepper and rub it into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) and cook for 4-6 minutes (do not touch it) until the pork releases from the grill. Then flip the pork chops and cook the pork chops for 3-5 more minutes on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill.
- Then baste both side of the pork chops with the barbecue sauce. Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minutes to caramelize the barbecue sauce on the pork chops.
- Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe