Grilled Pork Chop Marinade is a simple and easy way to add a ton of flavor to pork chops. This sweet and savory blend combines with the smoky grill flavor for a great meal.
Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
If you are tired of chicken, give this tasty pork chops recipe a try. Each bite is so tender and anything but bland. The marinade is amazing and the meat is perfectly cooked.
This recipe might just turn you into a fan of pork chops if you aren’t already. It is pretty amazing.
With just a few ingredients that you probably already have, pork gets a burst of flavor. It is so delicious and a real crowd pleaser.
While we prefer to marinade overnight, you can for as little as 30 minutes. This makes it super easy to prepare on those busy nights you forgot to the night before.
The sweetness from the brown sugar and the tanginess from the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings combine for the best meal.
- Bone-in Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to marinate pork chops:
- Get out a large ziplock bag. Place all the ingredients except for the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Make sure it is all over the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops in the bag. Marinade for at least 30 minutes but you can marinate over night as well.
- Remove from the fridge. Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking them.
How To Grill Pork Chops:
- Heat up the grill. Use medium high heat to at least 400 degrees F to cook pork chops. Make sure to rub the grill gates with oil so that the pork chops do not stick while grilling.
- Place the pork chops on the grill. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. This will vary based on the thickness of the pork chops. They need to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Check out our post more for tips on How to Grill Pork Chops.
The pork will release naturally from the grill gates when it’s ready to flip. If the pork is browning too quickly because of the sugar in the marinade, reduce the temperature on the grill.
- Move the pork chops to a plate. Let them rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
What to serve with pork chops?
How to know when pork chops are done?
You will need to use a meat thermometer. It should read 145 degree.
We used an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork to know when it’s done cooking. Each pork chop will cook differently based on the thickness of the pork.
Make sure to insert the thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat for the most accurate reading.
How long to grill pork chops?
It takes about 10 minutes to grill pork chops. They grill 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Keep in mind this will vary based on the size of the pork chops and the thickness of the meat.
They do not take long at all. You definitely want to keep a close eye on them while cooking.
Should you marinate pork before grilling?
Pork is a type of meat that really benefits from using a marinade. If it is a tougher cut of pork, it will help to tenderize it.
Regardless of the cut of meat, it will add a ton of flavor. We highly recommend this step as it enhances the meat all around.
How long to marinate pork chops:
They are most flavorful when you marinate them overnight. However, a minimum of 30 minutes will still be amazing.
This allows you to get dinner on the table even during crazy weeknights.
Is This Marinade Freezer Friendly?
Yes, it is. I like to make extra just to freeze.
Pour the marinade inside a plastic bag and add pork chops. Freeze up to 6 months.
When ready to cook, allow to thaw overnight in the fridge. Remove from the marinade and allow it to come to room temperature.
Grill as normal.
- Start by choosing pork chops to grill that are about 1 inch thick. Thinner pork chops cook too fast and can often dry out. Using a thicker cut of meat will help them to hold up to the high heat.
- The meat needs to rest before serving. This will lock in all of the moisture and keep the pork from drying out.
- Make sure your grill is at the proper temperature. You do not want to use too high heat. The sugar in the marinade can easily burn on the grill if the heat is too high.
- Place the pork chops in marinade at least 30 minutes before grilling. Overnight will give them even more flavor.
- Allow the meat to come to room temperature before placing on the grill. This will help the meat to cook evenly on the inside and outside.
- The marinade can be made up to 3 days in advance. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to use.
How to store leftovers?
Put the pork chops inside a container with a tight fitting lid. You can also use a ziplock bag.
Refrigerate up to 4 days. When ready to reheat, use the microwave or oven until heated through.
They are great for a quick lunch or dinner the next day. We usually fight over who gets the leftovers. We absolutely love this delicious marinade on pork chops.
You can also freeze leftover pork chops. Place inside a freezer container or bag. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
Allow to thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat.
- Boneless Pork Chops. You can opt to use boneless pork chops in this recipe. Just reduce the cooking time because they will not take as long to cook.
- Marinade ingredients. Try other ingredients such as balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Chicken. Try this marinade on chicken for another great meal idea.
The best pork chop marinade recipe.
It is so delicious and everyone will wonder what the secret ingredient is. The blend of ingredients tastes fabulous on these pork chops.
Make it this week for a tasty meal idea everyone will absolutely enjoy. It goes from grill to table in just minutes for a super easy meal.
Print the Best pork chop marinade recipe:
Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
- 4 Bone-in Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Place all the ingredients except for the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake or massage the bag to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Then place the pork chops in the bag and marinade for at least 30 minutes but you can marinate over night as well.
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking them.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat to at least 400 degrees F and rub the grill gates with oil so that the pork chops do not stick while grilling.
- Place the pork chops on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (based on the thickness of the pork chops) until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The pork will release naturally from the grill gates when it’s ready to flip. If the pork is browning too quickly because of the sugar in the marinade, reduce the temperature on the grill.
- Move the pork chops to a plate and let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe