This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Balsamic Chicken Marinade is a game changer for your chicken. It is loaded with flavor and made with simple ingredients.
The Best Balsamic Chicken Marinade:
This balsamic chicken recipe is one that you will be making over and over. This delicious balsamic glaze put a twist on your bland chicken. The combination of the ingredients makes this a family favorite.
Grilling chicken is one of my favorite way to enjoy chicken. Adding a marinade or a seasoning blend is a must. The balsamic marinade ingredients are simple and can easily be changed to what you prefer.
Serve this grill chicken with your favorite side dishes or slice and serve on your favorite salads or pasta. The next time you are looking for a delicious marinade make balsamic vinaigrette.
Can you use other Cuts of Chicken?
Yes, this balsamic vinegar of modena is great with all cuts of chicken. We have used it on chicken breast, chicken thighs and chicken tenders.
Make sure to adjust your cooking time based on the chicken you are cooking.
You can also use it to marinade pork tenderloin or steak.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Thyme Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Balsamic Chicken Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken. Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and the seasoning to the bowl.
- Step 2 – Marinate chicken – Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the chicken in the bag.
- Step 3 – Continue Marinating – Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Step 4 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil. This prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Step 5 – Cook the Chicken – Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy – Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy your chicken.
Can you Bake Balsamic Chicken?
We use marinades for multiple ways of cooking chicken. You can marinade your chicken and toss it in the crock pot or even bake chicken.
- After marinating chicken, place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes.
- I like to flip and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked.
We also love to make a stir fry with the marinated chicken. It taste so much better than take out and I know exactly the ingredients that have been added.
How Long to Marinate Chicken:
For best results we recommend marinating chicken for at least 30 minutes. This gives the chicken the best flavor. As the chicken marinates place in the fridge.
Depending the ingredients of your marinade could break down your chicken, so make sure to consider that when marinating your chicken.
We do not recommend marinating chicken longer than 24 hours. Unless you are placing in a freezer bag to freeze.
Balsamic Marinade for Chicken Recipe Tips:
- Marinating Chicken – Combine the ingredients and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare Grill – While the chicken is marinating, prepare the grill by preheating it to medium-high heat. We also recommend oiling the grill grates with olive oil. This helps to prevent the chicken from sticky and keeps the chicken from drying out.
- Prepare Chicken – To properly prepare the chicken for grilling, make sure they are all about the same size. You may need to filet them or pound them with a meat mallet.
- Resting Chicken – For the juicy and tender chicken make sure to allow your chicken to rest after taking off the grill.
- Checking for Doneness – To check to make sure your chicken is done, use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees. This ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Grill or Bake – This chicken marinate is great. Whether you want to bake the chicken in the oven in a baking dish. Or it is delicious grilled in a grilling pan.
- Marinade Ingredients – Feel free to add or change the ingredients to this homemade marinade. Add in fresh herb such as garlic cloves, dried basil, or fresh thyme. Dried oregano is also great addition as well as fresh rosemary.
- Change the Meat – You can use different cuts of chicken to make this recipe.
- Seasoning – You can also change the seasoning to this chicken. Use Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, and more.
- Serving – We love to serve this recipe with cherry tomatoes on top with shredded mozzarella. Serve with a side of roasted potatoes or broccoli to complete your meal.
What to Serve with Balsamic Chicken:
We eat Grilled Chicken a lot especially during the summer months. When we grill out, I like to make easy sides to get dinner on the table with ease. Here are some of my favorite sides:
- Baked Potatoes – We love using our instant pot. It has been a game changer for my family. This instant pot baked potatoes recipe is ready in about 15 minutes.
- Green Beans – Adding a side of green beans is easy option. It is simple but delicious.
- Steamed Broccoli – Add a simple side salad or steam broccoli in the microwave for another easy side idea.
How to Grill Balsamic Chicken:
Grilling chicken with this Balsamic Chicken is one of my favorite recipes. Make sure to prepare the grill by preheating and oiling the grill grates. This will help to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill and give you chicken the perfect charred texture.
- Place the chicken on the grill and grill for about 5 to 7 minutes per side. It will depend on the size of your chicken and grill, cooking time will vary.
- Always use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature before eating.
- The internal temperature should read 165 degrees when the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
How to Freeze Marinade Balsamic Chicken:
Freezing Marinated Chicken is a great way to meal prep for the week. We like to buy a lot of chicken. We like to prepare it by placing the chicken in a zip lock freezer bag with the marinade.
Then when you are ready to cook, allow the chicken to thaw and then grill or bake. You can even place the chicken in the crock pot even if it is frozen.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Balsamic Chicken Marinade is delicious leftover. Prepare the chicken and make lunches for the week.
Add your favorite side dishes for a quick and healthy lunch.
Print Recipe for Balsamic Chicken Marinade:
Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the chicken in the bag.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe