Chicken nugget casserole is a dream come true for kids but so delicious that adults will love it too. This easy weeknight meal takes just minutes to prepare and it’s also frugal.
Chicken nugget casserole is so easy.
I am always looking for easy dinners that everyone will eat and can be put together without much effort. We have a big family and this recipe was a hit with everyone. That says a lot because even the picky kids gobbled it up.
I have a lot of kids, 8 to be exact. After we adopted 4 children, our life became different. As you can imagine, we do a lot of bulk shopping and Sam’s is my favorite place to shop. I can buy bigger quantities for my hungry family and still save money.
I picked up some Tyson chicken nuggets at my local Sam’s for our fun dinner. Instead of just cooking them like normal, I decided to make a super fun chicken nugget casserole.
Yep…. chicken nugget casserole. And that is how it all started! Now, it is on our permanent menu plan rotation.
Let’s make this tasty meal!
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Bowtie Pasta – Other kinds would work too – penne, elbow, spaghetti and more.
- Crushed tomatoes – Spaghetti sauce can also be used.
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Chicken nugget casserole:
- First, go ahead and preheat your oven. Also, spray a 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Second, cook the pasta to al dente. Don’t over cook the pasta because it will be baked as well.
- Next, get a large bowl and add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Mix everything together.
- Add the pasta, frozen chicken nuggets, and half of each of the cheese (parmesan and mozzarella).
- Next, spread the mixture into the baking pan. Use the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese to top the casserole with.
- Finally, bake uncovered for about an hour or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
What to serve with chicken nugget pasta bake?
- Salad or cut up fresh veggies. Sometimes my kids will eat more veggies if I just cut up carrots and cucumbers into sticks.
- Steamed Broccoli – this takes just minutes in the microwave.
- Roasted Green Beans – A family favorite.
Just keep it simple. The casserole is so easy and delicious and you want easy sides to serve.
Busy weeknights are hectic but dinner does not have to be. Get dinner on the table with very little work and watch the kids go crazy over it.
Make chicken nugget casserole recipe!
This dish is basically combining the kids’ favorite chicken nuggets with the cheesy macaroni and cheese. The results… amazing! It was the perfect kid friendly dinner and I’m not going to lie… the teenager and the adults loved it too.
I’m pretty sure this is one recipe your kids will love for you to serve. My family never gets tired of this and asks for it frequently. I can’t wait for you to try this easy casserole!
Please come back and leave a comment once you try it. It is going to be amazing!
Print this chicken nugget casserole recipe below:
You have to try this easy chicken nugget casserole recipe. It is so fun and very easy to make. This chicken nugget casserole is perfect for your next family movie night.
- 1 1/2 lbs Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 16 oz. Bowtie Pasta (Cooked to al dente)
- 28 oz. Crushed Tomatoes (can)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions and drain.
Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine thoroughly.
Then mix in the cooked pasta, frozen chicken nuggets, and half of each of the cheese (parmesan and mozzarella).
Spread the mixture into the 9X13 baking pan.
Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is golden brown.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days.