Crock Pot Chicken Salad is an easy way to prepare a classic recipe. The chicken and veggies cook tender in the slow cooker for a delicious summertime recipe.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Salad:
This slow cooker shredded chicken salad is an easy way to prepare this classic recipe. The chicken and veggies are placed in the crock pot to cook tender. The chicken is then shredded and combined with the other ingredients for a delicious recipe.
This is the great way to prepare your easy slow cooker chicken salad ahead of time to enjoy all week long. This chicken salad taste so much better than store bought chicken salad. There are many ways to prepare this recipe, but making it in the slow cooker is so much easier.
If you love chicken salad recipe as much as my family, try these other recipes. Chicken Cucumber Salad Sandwich Recipe or The Best Chicken Salad Recipe are easy to make with simple ingredients.
Chicken Salad is great served as a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce. It is a staple summertime recipe with a side of fruit. It is creamy, delicious and combines simple ingredients.
What is Chicken Salad?
Chicken salad is a staple summertime recipe that combines a variety of ingredients. This recipe is flavorful and can easily be modified to what you prefer.
Chicken salad combines shredded chicken breast, celery, onions and seasoning. We usually add in some slice grapes for added texture. These ingredients are then mixed in mayonnaise and the served as a sandwich or on a salad.
This is a classic recipe that is quick and easy and always a crowd favorite.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Ribs of Celery (chopped)
- Red Onion (diced)
- Chicken Broth
- Red Seedless Grapes (quartered)
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Dill
How to Make Chicken Salad in the Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Add chicken and veggies to slow cooker. – Place the chicken, celery, onion and broth in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cook Ingredients. – Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked through and easy to shred. Cooking time may vary, it may only take 3-4 hours to cook the chicken.
- Step 3 – Shred Chicken – Remove the chicken, shred it and let it cool at room temperature in a large mixing bowl. Move the veggies from the crock pot into the large mixing bowl as well with a slotted spoon.
- Step 4 – Stir Ingredients – Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 5 – Serve – Serve on bread, lettuce or crackers. Enjoy!
How to Shred Chicken:
Once you have cooked the crockpot shredded chicken it is now ready to be shredded. You can shred the chicken with two forks or my favorite way is to use a stand mixer.
This has been a game changer for getting chicken shredded quickly and easily. We give you all the tips and tricks here on How to Shred Chicken.
Tips for Chicken Salad Crock Pot Recipe:
- Chopped Vegetables – You can easily chop the onions and celery ahead of time. We like to cut all the veggies at once and then freeze them. It makes it easy when preparing this recipe.
- Chicken – You can place frozen chicken breast or thawed chicken breast in the slow cooker. I usually just put frozen chicken in the slow cooker.
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to let the chicken cool to room temperature before combining with the other ingredients.
- Shred Chicken – Shred the chicken with forks or with a stand mixer.
- Double the Recipe – This recipe can easily be doubled if you are serving to a crowd. Just add in more chicken and combine with the other ingredients.
Can Chicken Salad be frozen?
We don’t recommend freezing the chicken salad. But what we do recommend is freezing the cooked chicken. If you have leftover cooked chicken, simply chop up the chicken and put in the freezer.
Then it is easy to pull out the frozen chicken and let it thaw to follow the steps to make chicken salad. Learn more on our Can You Freeze Chicken Salad post.
What to Serve with Chicken Salad:
- Sandwich – Feel free to serve this chicken on different types of bread. We recommend croissants, French Bread or Rye Bread.
- Lettuce – Serve this prepared on some lettuce for a quick and healthy lunch.
- Pita – We love to add this chicken salad in a Pita.
- Crackers – Make a batch of chicken salad and serve with a side of your favorite crackers.
- Sliders – Serve the chicken salad on Hawaiian Rolls for the perfect sliders. This size would be perfect for serving to a crowd.
Crock Pot Chicken Salad Variations:
- Add in other fruits – Feel free to add in other types of fruit. We love the flavor of grapes but you can also add in in diced apples ot dried cranberries.
- Nuts – We like add in nuts for an additional crunch to this chicken salad recipe. We recommend walnuts, pecans, or slice almonds.
- Onions – Add in green onions to this recipe if you prefer.
- Seasoning – If you would like some extra spice to this recipe, we recommend some cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes. Garlic powder can also be added for added flavor.
- Avocado – Avocado is also another great addition. Avocados are many healthy benefits and adds extra flavor.
- Chicken – For an easier option, feel free to use leftover cooked chicken. You can also mix in rotisserie chicken.
- Greek Yogurt – If a healthier option, instead of using mayonnaise use Greek Yogurt.
- Jalapeno – Chop up some jalapeno and mix it in with the chicken salad ingredient. This makes for a little spicy chicken salad.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. We think this recipe taste even better as it marinates overnight. We recommend preparing a day before serving for best results.
Easy Slow Cooked Chicken Salad:
We love making slow cooker recipes because of how easy they make meal time. Making chicken salad is one of my favorite recipes and making it in the slow cooker makes it even easier to serve.
This chicken salad can be served for many different occasion. If you are hosting family for the weekend, hosting a baby shower or needing a pool time lunch, make this recipe.
Add a side of fruit with some chips for a complete meal idea. We love how flavorful it is and the simple ingredients.
Print Recipe here Crock Pot Chicken Salad:
Crock Pot Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Ribs of Celery chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Red Seedless Grapes quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Dill
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- Place the chicken, celery, onion and broth in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is cooked through and easy to shred.
- Remove the chicken, shred it and let it cool at room temperature in a large mixing bowl. Move the veggies from the crock pot into the large mixing bowl as well with a slotted spoon.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on bread, lettuce or crackers. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe