This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Casserole has the best flavor and so easy in the slow cooker. You will love this creamy and delicious red pepper sauce with the chicken and pasta.
Crock Pot Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Casserole:
Keep your kitchen cool and and your menu easy when you make this amazing slow cooker red pepper chicken. Everything you need for dinner is in the crock pot making this the perfect meal for busy weeknights.
The creamy sauce is so amazing that even your kids will gobble up the spinach! It all has the best flavor and the red peppers really kick up the flavor. Let the slow cooker do all the work with this easy weeknight dinner idea. Slow Cooker recipes really help with my busy week.
Since this meal is hearty on it own, I like to serve with a side salad and garlic bread. This simple ingredients and easy process makes this dinner a family favorite. We really love pasta recipes.
Can I Cook Pasta in the Crock Pot?
In this recipe we recommend cooking the pasta separately al dente. Since this recipe has more of creamy base to it, then we like to add the cooked pasta in right before serving.
You can also keep the pasta separately and just add the red pepper chicken ingredients on the pasta. Either way you serve it, it will taste amazing topped with mozzarella cheese.
Ingredients You Need:
- Chicken Breasts
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Minced Garlic – You can also use Garlic Powder.
- Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Fresh Spinach
- Heavy Cream
- Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Chicken Red Pepper Casserole in the Slow Cooker:
This meal is so easy that you can literally throw it together in minutes before you leave for the day.
- Add the chicken and seasoning – Toss the chicken, seasonings and broth into the crock pot. Let it cook all day or until the chicken is cooked or cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in cream and spinach – About 20 minutes before serving, stir in the heavy cream and fresh spinach. I like to shred the chicken before adding in the cream and spinach.
- Add in Cooked Pasta – Once the spinach is wilted just stir in the cooked pasta and top with cheese.
- Cover and Allow Cheese to Melt – You can cover and cook a few more minutes to let the cheese melt.
What to Serve with Red Pepper Chicken Pasta:
- Green Salad – We like to keep things simple when we serve this meal. A nice green salad loaded with vegetables always goes well with this pasta dish.
- Roasted Vegetables – Try Roasted Green Beans or learn how to steam broccoli in the microwave for a super easy veggie side dish. These vegetables are light and refreshing.
- Garlic Bread – We love to have some garlic bread to pair with this easy side dish.
Crock Pot Chicken Red Pepper Pasta Tips:
- Cooked Chicken – You can use frozen chicken if you prefer. Let the ingredients cook all day to make sure chicken is thoroughly.
- Adding in Heavy Cream – Make sure to add the heavy cream at the end of cooking the other ingredients. This keeps it from separating and helps it to stay creamy.
- Spinach – Add spinach towards then end of the cooking time. This allows it to mix and not get overcooked.
- Pasta – You can keep pasta separate and not mix it in the crock pot if you prefer.
Can Red Pepper Chicken Pasta be made in the skillet?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made in the skillet. I would recommend to dice the chicken before cooking so that it cooks evenly. Cook the chicken with the garlic and onion in some olive oil.
Add your other ingredients and heat over medium heat. Once the ingredients have cook, stir in the heavy cream and spinach and serve over pasta. Add your favorite sides and your meal is complete.
- Change Chicken – We used chicken breast but you can use chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
- Use different Meat – This recipe would be great to mix with Italian Sausage or Smoked Sausage.
- Red Peppers – This recipe calls for roasted red peppers, but you can easily substitute with red bell peppers or green bell peppers.
- Spinach – We love adding spinach to this recipe. It mixes well with the other ingredients but you omit it if you don’t like it.
- Change the Pasta – If you don’t have any rotini, you can use rigatoni noodles or penne pasta. This recipe would be amazing over spaghetti noodles as well.
- Cheese – We used mozzarella cheese in this recipe, but you can easily pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterrey jack cheese.
How to Store:
We love having leftovers with this meal. The creamy sauce really marinates in the Italian chicken overnight making it so delicious the next day.
It is perfect to place in individual containers in the refrigerator. It will stay good for about to 3 to 4 days. This makes a perfect lunch for my husband and I the next day. Which saves us time and money.
Print this roasted red pepper chicken recipe below:
Crock Pot Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Casserole
- In a slow cooker combine the chicken, seasonings, pepper, and broth.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- 20 minutes before you are ready to eat stir in the heavy cream and fresh spinach.
- Once the spinach is wilted (about 10 minutestir in the rotini and top with the cheese.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crockpot Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Mango Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot Root Beer Chicken Sandwich