Crockpot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe is an easy and delicious one pot meal. Each bite is creamy and delicious for the best comfort food that can be ready with very little effort.
Crockpot Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe:
We love soup and this Crockpot Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe is so filling and delicious that everyone will really enjoy it. The sausage is so hearty and gives it the best flavor from being slow cooked all day.
If you loved our Crock Pot Spinach Tortellini Soup, you will love this crock pot tortellini soup. Everyone loves cheese tortellini and it is the perfect ingredient to use in soup.
Crockpot Tortellini Sausage Soup is a delicious soup that everyone will love. Serve as a weeknight meal or to feed a crowd. This is the perfect soup to come home to. Enjoy with some garlic bread and your meal is complete.
What are Tortellini’s?
Tortellini is ring shaped pasta that is stuffed with a mix of meats and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. It is usually cooked in a marinara sauce and then served.
- Ground Italian Sausage
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Chicken Broth
- Cheese Tortellini
- Heavy Whipping Cream
How to Make this Sausage Tortellini Soup in a Crock Pot:
- Step 1 – Brown the ground sausage in a large skillet. Drain off any excess grease and allow the sausage to cool slightly.
- Step 2 – Place the Italian sausage, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth in a crock pot.
- Step 3 – Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Step 4 – Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Then stir this mixture, tortellini and chopped spinach into the crock pot.
- Step 5 – Cover and cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes until the tortellini is tender and the soup is thickened.
- Step 6 – Serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Crockpot Tortellini Soup Variations:
- Sausage – We used Italian Sausage in this recipe, but you can easily use spicy sausage to add a little kick to the flavor.
- Creamy Sauce – We like serving this as a creamy sauce, but you can easily leave it out.
- Tortellini – Use different flavors of tortellini. You can even use frozen tortellini.
- Vegetables – Add in different vegetables into the soup. Bell peppers is a good options and if you don’t like spinach, kale is also a good substitute.
- Cream Cheese – If you prefer, you can mix in cream cheese instead of heavy cream. I would recommend dicing the cream cheese before adding to the crock pot.
- Diced Tomatoes – Instead of crushed tomatoes you can easily use diced tomatoes.
- Change the Meat – You can use shredded chicken instead of sausage if you prefer. Creamy Chicken Tortellini is delicious.
Tips for Crockpot Tortellini Soup with Sausage:
- Cooking Sausage – We recommend cooking sausage before adding to the slow cooker. This cuts down on the grease and fat added to the recipe.
- Tortellini – We purchased the 16 ounce package size of tortellini. But if all you can find is a smaller size, you can use that. You can also double how much you add to the crock pot.
- Sauce – The sauce will get thicker as it sets. If you like a thinner sauce, you may need to add more chicken broth. We usually add in a little more for leftovers.
What to serve with Crockpot tortellini soup
Everything you need for a great meal is in the slow cooker. Just add some crusty bread and that is all you need to go along with this soup. We like to keep this sides simple since this is a hearty soup.
- Garlic Cheese Bread – We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for dipping into the soup and getting every last drop. It is so good.
- Dinner Rolls – You might also like this Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe with the soup. If you do not have time to make bread, grab some french bread from the bakery.
- Side Salad – Add a side salad to this meal with a slice of garlic bread to make it a complete meal.
- Roasted Vegetables – We recommend roasted broccoli or roasted asparagus for an easy side.
How long will Tortellini Soup last?
The soup will typically last 3-4 days in the fridge. We actually think it taste better after storing in the refrigerator. The ingredients really marinate together to give this soup so much flavor.
Does Tortellini Soup Freeze well?
You can freeze this slow cooker soup but I wouldn’t add the tortellini, spinach and heavy cream until ready to cook.
When you are ready to serve, place the frozen ingredients in the slow cooker and heat. Then when it gets close to serving, mix in the tortellini, spinach and heavy cream.
Freezing this soup saves time and it still so amazing.
How to Store Leftovers:
We recommend storing leftovers in air tight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers stay fresh for about 4 days if stored properly. We like to store in individual containers so it makes an easy lunch the next day.
How to Freeze Tortellini Soup:
We love to freeze soup and it easy to do. Making soup from scratch in the slow cooker is so much better for you then buying the store bought can soup. You can use fresh ingredients and it cuts down on sodium.
If you would like to learn more on How to Freeze Soup, check out our tips and tricks here.
Easy and Delicious Creamy Tortellini Soup:
This meal is budget friendly and easy to prepare. It is the perfect meal to serve for large crowds and everyone will love it.
From family gatherings, holidays, family dinner and more, this is a great meal! You can put this together in just minutes with very little work.
Soup is one of our favorite meals to make when the weather gets colder. This hearty soup is one of our favorites to make.
Print this Crock Pot Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe below:
Crockpot Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1 pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz can)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh spinach (packed and chopped)
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Brown the ground sausage in a large skillet. Drain off any excess grease and allow the sausage to cool slightly.
- Place the Italian sausage, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes and chicken broth in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and cornstarch together in a small bowl. Then stir this mixture, tortellini and chopped spinach into the crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 20-30 minutes until the tortellini is tender and the soup is thickened.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe