This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crock Pot Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe is the perfect recipe to make for Meatless Monday or any day of the week. This soup is creamy and delicious and loaded with flavor in every single bite.
Crock Pot Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
We love cheese tortellini and recently turned it into this easy spinach tortellini soup. This creamy tortellini soup is one that you will be making over and over.
Not only is it so easy to make but the meal is one your family will go crazy over. It is creamy and delicious while being so cheesy and amazing.
The broth is flavor packed and even my kids gobble up the spinach. It gives the soup such a pretty pop of color and tastes great with the rich broth.
What to Serve with Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup:
Everything you need for a great meal is in the slow cooker. These are some of our favorite side dishes.
- Cheese Sticks – Just add some bread and that is all you need to go along with this soup. We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for dipping into the soup and getting every last drop. It is so good.
- Dinner Rolls – You might also like this Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe with the soup. If you do not have time to make bread, grab some french bread from the bakery.
- Side Salad – Add a side salad to this meal with a slice of garlic bread to make it a complete meal.
- Cheese Tortellini
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Tortellini Soup:
- Step 1 – Add the tortellini, crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth in a crock pot.
- Step 2 – Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours until the tortellini is tender and cooked through.
- Step 3 – Stir in the heavy cream, spinach, and parmesan cheese.
- Step 4 – Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes until the cream is heated through. Heat until cheese is melted and the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Step 5 – Serve warm and enjoy.
What are Tortellini’s?
Fresh Tortellini’s are a stuffed pasta shell. You will find them in your dairy section at the grocery store. They are usually stuffed with vegetables or meats.
They also have frozen tortellini pasta options in the freezer section. You can also add this to your slow cooker.
Crockpot Tortellini Spinach Soup Recipe Tips:
- Tortellini – There is no need to cook the tortellini before adding to the slow cooker. Everything is cooked easily in the crock pot.
- Adding in Meats – If you do end up adding in sausage or ground beef, we recommend cooking it before adding it.
- Sauce – The sauce will get thicker as it sets. If you like a thinner sauce, you may need to add more chicken broth. We usually add in a little more for leftovers. It all depends on the consistency that you prefer.
- Adding Ingredients – You will wait to add in the fresh baby spinach, parmesan cheese, heavy cream. Until you have about 30 minutes remaining. This allows for these ingredients to cook evenly.
- Stirring Occasionally – As the soup cooks, we recommend stirring occasionally. We recommend stirring especially after adding in the cream and spinach.
- Thicker Sauce – If you prefer a thicker soup, you can add in a flour slurry or a cornstarch slurry.
How long will Tortellini Soup last:
The soup will typically last 3-4 days in the fridge. We actually think it taste better after storing in the refrigerator. The ingredients really marinate together to give this soup so much flavor.
Tortellini Soup Crock Pot Variation Ideas:
- Other Ways to Prepare – You can easily cook this soup on your stove top. You can could in a dutch oven or a large stock pot. Heat the soup over medium heat and allow the liquid to simmer after bringing to boil.
- Add in other Vegetables – This a great soup to sneak in other vegetables. Toss in carrots, celery, kale, onions, or diced tomatoes.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning or add in other options. We like add in dried oregano, thyme or red pepper flakes. Crockpot Tortellini Soup delicious with many different seasoning.
- Meat – For a hearty soup, add in hot italian sausage or ground beef. You can also add in spicy Italian Sausage or cooked shredded chicken.
- Creamy Option – For an even more creamier option, add in diced cream cheese. You can easily substitute it for heavy cream.
- Tomato base – If you want more of a tomato flavor, add in tomato paste. We love the flavor it gives the Italian style soup.
- Broth – Instead of using chicken broth you can use vegetable broth for a delicious substitutions.
Can you Freeze Crockpot Spinach Tortellini?
You can easily freeze this Spinach Tortellini Soup. We like to double the recipe so we can easily serve another time.
Simple place the leftover soup in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Store Leftovers:
We recommend storing leftovers in air tight container in the refrigerator.
Leftovers stay fresh for about 4 days if stored properly. We like to store in individual containers so it makes an easy lunch the next day.
These leftovers can easily be reheated in the microwave. But we prefer to heat in a pan so there are no hot spots. Either way this soup mixture is delicious leftover.
Delicious Spinach Tortellini Soup:
If you are looking for a crowd pleasing soup, make this Crock Pot Tortellini soup with Spinach. It is delicious served with a side of breadsticks to complete the meal.
This is perfect for many occasion. We make it for a weeknight meal or for a family gathering. Top the soup with fresh parmesan cheese for delicious, cheesy flavor.
Feel free to add in sausage or ground beef for a rich and hearty soup.
Print this Tortellini Soup with Spinach Recipe below:
Crock Pot Spinach Tortellini Soup
- Place the tortellini, crushed tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken broth in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours until the tortellini is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the heavy cream, spinach, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 20-30 minutes until the cream is heated through, cheese is melted and the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Tortellini Recipes
Try these Easy Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
- Easy Crock pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Ham and Potato Soup Crock pot Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lentil Soup Recipe