Enjoy the best comfort food when you make this easy and tasty Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe. The cheese tortellini and tender chicken make this soup hearty and delicious for a meal your family will love.
Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
Soup is a favorite around here and it is just so simple to make. We love coming up with new recipes to try and this Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe does not disappoint.
Each bite is hearty with lots of chicken and cheesy tortellini. You get all of the best ingredients all in one soup for a dinner idea that is so simple to make.
Not only is this soup filling and delicious but it is inexpensive to make as well. You don’t need a ton of chicken to make this soup and in fact, you can use leftover chicken.
Your house will smell amazing from this soup being slow cooked all day in the crock pot. The more it simmers the better it gets.
The cheese tortellini really add that extra something to the soup that makes it a family favorite and the best comfort food.
If you loved our Crock Pot Spinach Tortellini Soup, you will love this slow cooker chicken tortellini soup. Everyone loves cheese tortellini and it is the perfect ingredient to use in soup.
This is a must try.
- minced garlic or garlic powder
- dried basil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme
- cheese tortellini
- chicken broth – I like to use low sodium chicken broth.
- fresh parsley to garnish. Optional but looks nice for a pop of color.
How to make crockpot chicken tortellini soup?
This is truly a toss and go recipe. You can easily put this together even during busy mornings and come home to dinner ready to enjoy.
Just add everything to the crock pot except the frozen tortellini. The onion carrot and seasonings really make this such a savory broth.
Cover and cook.
Once everything has finished cooking, take the chicken out of the crock pot and shred the chicken.
You can use 2 forks but I like to use an electric mixer. It is super fast and easy.
Right before serving, add the tortellini to the crock pot. Put the lid on and allow to cook until it is soft.
I normally add the pasta 30 minutes before I am ready to serve and cook on high.
Jump to the full recipe.
What to serve with crockpot tortellini soup?
Everything you need for a great meal is in the slow cooker. Just add some crusty bread and that is all you need to go along with this soup.
We love Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe and it is perfect for dipping into the soup and getting every last drop. It is so good with the broth.
You might also like this Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe with the soup.
If you do not have time to make bread, grab some French bread from the bakery or grocery store.
How long will tortellini soup last?
The soup will typically last 3-4 days in the fridge.
I love to eat leftovers for a quick lunch during the week. It sure makes an easy and savory meal.
My kids love for me to pack this in a thermos in their lunchbox for a change from sandwiches.
Can you freeze creamy chicken tortellini soup?
You can freeze this soup but I wouldn’t add the tortellini until ready to cook. Combine all of the ingredients in a freezer bag.
When you are ready to cook, dump the bag in your slow cooker. Cook as normal.
The cooking time will need to be increased if the soup is frozen.
TORTELLINI SOUP VARIATIONS
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.
- Try rotisserie chicken to save even more time. You can even use leftover chicken and this recipe is even easier.
- Substitute ground chicken or ground pork in this recipe.
- Add Italian seasoning for a new flavor.
- Make creamy tortellini soup and add heavy cream to the soup.
- Try different types of tortellini. Some ideas include: mushroom, beef and more.
- Add chopped onions to the veggies in the soup. This adds even more flavor.
- Spinach is delicious in this and makes it even more filling.
- Diced tomatoes make a great add in and bulk up this slow cooker soup.
TIPS FOR CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP
- The pasta will soak up the broth. When reheating, I like to add more chicken broth.
- Use up extra veggies in the fridge. It is a good way to clean out the refrigerator while sneaking in extra veggies.
- Cut vegetables the same size so they all cook evenly. I prefer larger chunks so they don’t get mushy during cooking or when reheated.
Try easy Crockpot tortellini soup.
Not only is this a hearty soup and the best comfort food, it is perfect to feed a crowd.
This meal is budget friendly and easy to prepare. It is the perfect meal to serve for large crowds and everyone will love it.
From family gatherings, holidays, family dinner and more, this is a delicious soup to serve. You can put this together in just minutes with very little work.
Our family loved this recipe and it is just so easy. It is a tasty alternative to chicken noodle soup and something delicious to try.
I think your family will enjoy this as much as we do.
Print Slow cooker chicken tortellini soup:
Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 oz cheese tortellini
- 6 cups chicken broth
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Add everything to the crock pot except the tortellini.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred and stir into the crock pot.
- 30 minutes before ready to eat stir in the tortellini.
- Cover and cook until soft.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe