I have a nice freezer tip for you. This one is VERY nice because it is a HUGE time saver. Next time you make cookies from scratch, make a double batch and then freeze your left overs before cooking. Then you have premade cookies ready to bake. Now, you can have fresh baked cookies with no effort. I love it, because you can easily bake just 6 cookies if you want, instead of 24 – bake only want you want!
Here is how:
- Mix your cookies like you normally would (mine in the pictures are snickerdoodles)
- Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. You may want to flatten them out some if you want.
- Make sure the cookies are not touching and place into the freezer.
- Allow to freeze for about an hour.
- Then Place into a freezer bag.
- Make sure you label your bag with the kind of cookies and the baking instructions.
How to cook from the freezer:
- Place the amount of cookies you want on a cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to the amount on your directions.
- Bake. That is it (in general you will need to add 2 minutes to your cooking time when they are frozen)
I love this!! Now, we can have fresh baked cookies after dinner. I just pop them in the oven right before we eat. I am planning on making several batches of cookies this weekend just for the freezer. Enjoy!