This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn how to freeze bread and save time and money. Find out the best way to freeze rolls, loaves, slices and more!
How to freeze bread
Today I am going to show you a simple little trick that will help you save money. Did you know that you can freeze a loaf of bead? Yes, even sandwich bread!
You can freeze really any type of bread from entire loaves to slices and rolls and more. We even freeze garlic bread!
This is a great way to avoid wasting bread. Just freeze it for later!
So… next time you find bread on clearance, stock up and place them in the freezer!
Can you freeze bread?
Most definitely! It is super simple and you will love having bread in the freezer.
We do this all of of the time and it always works perfectly. Keep reading to see just how easy it is.
How long can you freeze bread before it goes bad?
Most types of bread should be used within 3 months once frozen. After that time, the quality of the bread starts to decline.
How to freeze sandwich bread:
Just place the bread in the freezer in the package it came in. If it is going to be in the freezer for more than 2 to 3 weeks, you will need to place in a freezer bag.
This will help to ensure it stays fresh and not get freezer burn.
How to freeze loaves:
Just put the loaf in a freezer bag. Easy! We do this all the time and it is so handy.
How to freeze rolls?
Place the rolls in a freezer bag. I like to use the large gallon size bags. You can grab a roll or however many you need.
How do you defrost bread without destroying it?
When you are ready to use it, allow it to thaw on the kitchen counter over night. By morning you will have bread.
You can make a sandwich or enjoy a roll depending on what type of bread you froze. It really is so nice having this in the freezer.
Save money and learn how to freeze bread.
It really makes a difference in our grocery budget when I can grab bread on clearance and put in the freezer. Plus, it saves time too because I almost always have extra bread on hand. No need to make a trip to the grocery store when it is in the freezer.
Just use what you have and enjoy delicious bread knowing you paid a fraction of the price.
I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable. By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget.
Try it today!
It is so easy to freeze extra bread. Save time and money and get started with this easy tip!
How to freeze bread – easy tips to save time and money
- Bread – Rolls Sliced Bread, etc.
- Freezer Bag
- Remove the bread from the original package.
- Place the bread in a freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal tightly and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost in the refrigerator or at room temperature when you are ready to enjoy it!
Try some of these easy bread recipes:
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- How to make Naan Bread
- Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Homemade English Muffin recipe
- Kings Hawaiian Rolls recipe
- Homemade Pretzel Bites – Perfect for any occasion!
- Crusty Artisan Bread
- Stuffed Cheesy Bread Recipe
- Corn Bread Muffins
- The Best 90 Second Bread Recipe
- Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Moist Banana Bread Recipe
More cooking ideas and easy recipes:
- (Cooking Basics)How to Make a Roux
- The BEST Homemade Pancake and Waffle Mix
- How to Make your own Homemade Cornbread Mix
- Learn How to Roast a Chicken
- How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet
- Learn How to make whipped cream