This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for an easy Halloween treat, try these delicious Mummy White Chocolate Truffles. With just a few simple ingredients you can have these Halloween white chocolate truffles recipe ready in no time.
These Easy Halloween White Chocolate Truffles recipe are so fun to make. They are really delicious and everyone will be shocked by this adorable Halloween mummy treat.
These Ghost Twinkies are perfect to serve with these truffles. You also have to check out Eyeball Oreo Truffles for another cute and tasty treat. You must check out our other Halloween Recipes. We have lots to choose from for your next costume party!
Table of Contents
Why Make Halloween Truffles:
This is a fun Halloween treat to have at your next Halloween party. Your guest will be amazed at how adorable these Halloween treats turn out. The white chocolate is so rich and creamy. And it’s just a really fun treat to make and only takes about 15 minutes of prep time.
This recipe is perfect to surprise the kids with or make for a Halloween party.
- Almond Bark
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Mummy Truffles Ingredients:
- Candy Eyes
- White chocolate baking bars
Regular Truffles Ingredients:
- White chocolate baking bars
- White jimmies
For the complete list of ingredients and recipe, make sure to scroll to the bottom to view the recipe card.
- White Chocolate Chips – Instead of using almond bark, you can easily melt white chocolate chips or candy melts.
- Mummy Oreo Truffles – We have even made 3 ingredient truffles with Oreo Cookies and cream cheese. We melt white chips to create a white chocolate coating. Use a food processor to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Sprinkles – You can easily add in sprinkles for a fun and festive look.
- Chocolate Chips – Use chocolate chips instead of candy eyes for the mummys.
Step by Step Truffle Instructions:
- Step 1 – In a small saucepan add heavy whipping cream and simmer. Stirring constantly, just until it begins to bubble in the pan. Stir in butter.
- Step 2 – Add 8 ounces white chocolate in bowl stir, over heat until completely melted the chocolate and melted butter. Take melted butter and mix with melted white chocolate.
- Step 3 – Remove from heat and pour into a small glass bowl. Cover the bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate until firm. Leave in the fridge about 2 hours.
- Step 4 – Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1″ balls. Place on lined baking sheet and pop into the freezer for 30 minutes.
How to Decorate Mummy Truffles:
After the truffles have been frozen for about 30 minutes, prepare the melted chocolate.
- Microwave Chocolate – Place 4 ounces of white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stirring every 20 seconds until melted completely. Add melted chocolate into a sealable sandwich bag and seal.
- Pipe onto Truffles – Trim the tip/corner of the bag. Place candy eyes onto the mummy and Pipe mummy lines onto the truffles with the bag of white chocolate. Let set in the refrigerator to harden on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Combining Truffle Ingredients – When melting the truffle ingredients in the saucepan, make sure to stir constantly. This will help prevent the mixture from burning.
- Allow Mixture Firm – After the mixture has cooled to room temperature, place in the fridge. This allows for the mixture to thicken to roll into balls.
- Shaping into Balls – Shape the truffle mixture into about the same size balls. We like to use a small cookie scoop to easily form into balls. Then freeze to allow the melted chocolate to stick to the truffles.
Can I Make Regular Truffles with this Recipe?
Yes, this recipe can be used to make regular truffles. After preparing the truffles, follow these steps to melt the chocolate and to decorate.
- Melt Chocolate – Heat 8 ounces of white baking chocolate in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. You can also melt 10 oz if you would like to have extra.
- Cover Truffles – Dip truffle balls into melted chocolate and place onto parchment paper or wax paper. Remove any excess chocolate. Sprinkle with white jimmies. Let set in the refrigerator to harden.
More Easy and Delicious Truffle Recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. There are better cold than room temperature.
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. No bake Halloween treats make the perfect treat to make ahead of your Halloween party.
Make sure to leave us a comment on how your Mummy Truffles turned out!
Mummy White Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bars divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
For Mummy Truffles:
- Candy Eyes
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking bars
For Regular Truffles:
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bars
- white jimmies
- In a small saucepan add heavy whipping cream and simmer, stirring constantly, just until it begins to bubble in the pan. Stir in butter.
- Add 8 ounces white chocolate and stir, over heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and pour into a small glass bowl. Let cool completely and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1? balls. Place on wax paper and pop into the freezer for 30 minutes.
To make Mummy:
- Place 4 ounces of chocolate into a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until melted completely. Place into a sealable sandwich bag and seal.
To make regular truffles:
- Heat 8 ounces of white baking chocolate in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Dip truffles into melted chocolate and place onto wax paper. Sprinkle with white jimmies. Let set in the refrigerator to harden.
- Make 12-15 truffles
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe