I have quite the sweet tooth. When I want something sweet, I LOVE salty and sweet combined in one delicious dessert. Saltine Cracker Toffee is quick and easy to make but tastes like it took all day to create!
Cracker Candy is delicious and easy to make!
This Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe is delicious and SO easy to make!
Normally toffee making requires a candy thermometer, precision timing and a lot of instructions to follow.
However, you don’t have to do all that with this delicious saltine cracker candy. This cracker toffee recipe is perfect for your to serve at your holiday parties.
What is Christmas Crack?
Occasionally you will hear about Christmas Crack Recipes. Christmas Crack is where the saltine cracker is covered in brown sugar and melted butter. The you bake it so it will turn into caramel.
The saltine cracker melts into the caramel making it the best sweet and salty treat. You can then top with chocolate for an amazing dessert.
A quick & easy treat!
You will be able to make this saltine cracker english toffee so quickly and easily. You’ll ask yourself why you’ve never made this before.
Another one of my favorite sweets to make that is incredibly quick and simple is this Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe. It only has 3 ingredients and takes minutes to make! I love simple and easy recipes and these 2 meet both of those requirements.
What is needed to make this crack candy recipe with saltines?
You only need 5 ingredients to create this cracker candy recipe. All the ingredients are simple and easy to find at your favorite grocery store.
- About 40 Saltine Crackers (just over a sleeve)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 11.5-oz package Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans (optional topping)
Ok…now that you have all the necessary ingredients, let’s learn how to create this saltines toffee recipe.
How to make Saltine Cracker Toffee:
- First preheat oven to 350 F so that you can create this toffee recipe.
- Then line a jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper as it helps with clean up. You will then break up the toffee up once it’s done. So you definitely don’t want to skip this step.
- You can use a baking sheet as long as it has sides. You don’t want your “stuff” pouring off the edges of the cookie sheet. Next spray the foil with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
- Then line the crackers in a single layer at the bottom of the pan.
How to create the Toffee Layer:
- To do this in a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the brown sugar and stir to combine. Then bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- After this time, immediately remove from heat and pour the bubbly mixture over the crackers. Make sure to cover all crackers completely. Use a knife to spread the butter and brown sugar mixture over the crackers.
- Then place the pan in oven for 4-5 minutes, or just until edges of brown sugar mixture gets bubbly.
Now it’s time for the chocolate part!
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers. Allow the chips to sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- You don’t have to put the pan back in the oven. The heat from the crackers will melt the chocolate.
- After this time, use a butter knife or spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the crackers.
- Then immediately top with chopped nuts (I used pecans) over the melted chocolate.
- I only sprinkled about have on my saltine cracker toffee with pecans. Some people in my family don’t care for nuts. This way everyone gets to enjoy some of this delicious saltine cracker toffee.
- Next place the pan in the refrigerator until the toffee hardens. Once it hardens, remove the pan and carefully lift the cracker toffee out of the pan. You want to make sure it cools completely.
- Don’t worry if you break it as that’s the next step anyway.
- Then break up piece of the toffee. It doesn’t have to be perfect. I love having the different sizes to serve to my friends and family at Christmas time.
- I love that this recipe can be made in about 15 minutes.
How to store:
These saltine cracker toffee are easy to store. Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
These taste great when they are cold.
Fun toppings ideas for saltine cracker candy:
Generally I top this saltine cracker toffee with chopped nuts but you can use your favorite chopped up candy as well.
- Heath Bar
In addition, you can use any type of sprinkles to make this dessert recipe festive and perfect for any holiday. Use your favorite candy or sweet treat topping to make this toffee recipe your favorite this holiday season.
Also I have melted white chocolate before and drizzled it over the top. I loved the way it tasted and I especially love how it looked.
What substitutions can you use to create this recipe?
The toppings is the easiest way to switch up this recipe. You can also make saltine cracker candy with white sugar instead of brown sugar if you’re currently all out.
I prefer the brown sugar but white sugar works great too.
In addition, you can create saltine cracker candy with peanut butter. Just by adding peanut butter chips on top of the chocolate layer. Allow these to melt for a few minutes and then swirl the peanut butter into the chocolate layer.
This adds a delicious peanut butter flavor to this recipe for all the peanut butter fans in your life!
Make the saltine cracker candy recipe today!
This Saltine Cracker Toffee is so easy you can probably make while you’re getting dinner ready. This is also really easy to make in large batches so you can make enough for your Christmas Cookie Exchange.
I have heard this referred to as Christmas Crack before and once you make it, you’ll know why! This toffee recipe is addicting and it’s difficult to just eat one piece!
Print your Saltine Cracker Toffee recipe below:
Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 40 Saltine Crackers (just over a sleeve)
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 11.5- oz package Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill the bottom of the cookie sheet with crackers. Set the pan aside.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add brown sugar once butter is completely melted and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour bubbly mixture over crackers covering the crackers completely.
- Place pan in the oven for 4-5 minutes, or just until edges of brown sugar mixture gets bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the crackers.
- Allow the crackers to sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate. Then use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the cracker layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans or your favorite topping over the melted chocolate (optional).
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to allow the toffee to harden.
- Then remove the toffee from the pan and break it apart. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Also try these desserts
- The Best Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers
- Easy Cream Cheese Mints Recipe
- Graham Cracker Toffee