You are going to love this easy to prepare Spaghetti Soup. It is all the flavors you love in a classic spaghetti recipe but in a soup form.
Easy Spaghetti Soup Recipe:
Spaghetti Soup is a one pot meal that has all the flavors of your traditional spaghetti recipe. The easy ingredients are added to a large pot and then boiled. Add in your uncooked spaghetti noodles for a delicious soup dish.
We even used already prepared meatballs for a toss and cook soup recipe. This soup has become a family favorite. It is the perfect recipe to dive right in and get every last drop in your bowl.
Serve with some roasted vegetables and garlic bread for a complete meal idea.
What is Spaghetti Soup?
If you love spaghetti, meatballs and soup then you are going to love this crowd pleasing recipe. This soup combines all the flavors of your traditional spaghetti recipe into a soup.
Now you can slurp away with your favorite spaghetti because we have made it into a soup. The ingredients are so simple and we love the fact that everything cooks in one pot.
This recipe is the perfect comfort food but in a delicious soup. This soup is done within about 20 minutes.
- Mini Meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- Chicken Broth
- Marinara Sauce
- Bay Leaf
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Spaghetti Noodles (broken into 1-½ inch pieces)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
How to Make Spaghetti Soup:
- Step 1 – Add ingredient to pot – Add the meatballs, chicken broth, marinara sauce. Then add in the bay leaf, Italian seasoning and minced garlic to a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Step 2 – Stir and combine – Stir to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for approximately 5 minutes to heat the meatballs through.
- Step 3 – Stir in Noodles – Stir in the broken spaghetti noodles. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm topped with the grated parmesan cheese and season with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Spaghetti Soup:
- Salad – This recipe is rich and hearty, so we like to keep the sides light. Serving a salad or a Caesar salad is the perfect side to this soup.
- Garlic Bread – I love serving a side of this garlic cheese bread. This is the perfect recipe to dip your breadsticks in to get the very last drop.
- Roasted Vegetables – Make a side of roasted broccoli or asparagus for an easy, light side.
Tips for Spaghetti and Meatball Soup:
- Meatballs – We used frozen meatballs and there is no need to thaw, just toss them into your soup.
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to combine the ingredients and bring it to a boil before add in the broken spaghetti.
- Spaghetti – Before adding in the spaghetti, I like to brake them up so that it is easier to eat.
- Cooking Noodles – All the noodles to cook until tender or al dente. Once you add them to the soup just reduce the heat and allow the soup to simmer.
- Crock Pot – This soup be perfect to make in the slow cooker. All the ingredients to cook before adding in the spaghetti noodles.
Can you Cook Spaghetti in Soup?
Yes, you can cook spaghetti in soup. Since this soup has a broth base, the noodles cook perfectly. Allow the broth to come to a boil before adding the noodles in.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Broth – You can use beef broth or vegetable broth instead of the chicken broth if you prefer.
- Spaghetti Sauce – We used a marinara sauce for this recipe. But you can easily use a jar of spaghetti sauce or make your own sauce. For added flavor, mix in some crushed tomatoes.
- Meatballs – We used frozen meatballs, but you can make homemade meatballs. You can use different flavors of meatballs. Use what you can find at the store.
- Top with Cheese – We topped our soup with grated parmesan cheese but you can also use grated mozzarella cheese.
- Ground Beef – You can also substitute the meatballs for ground beef. We recommend cooking the ground beef first before mixing it in the soup.
- Spice – Add in some crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy flavor.
- Seasoning – We used Italian Seasoning blend for our seasoning. But you can easily use fresh herbs like fresh basil instead.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Spaghetti Soup:
- 1 pound Mini Meatballs store bought or homemade
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 24 oz Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 8 oz Spaghetti Noodles broken into 1-½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Add the meatballs, chicken broth, marinara sauce, bay leaf, Italian seasoning and minced garlic to a large stock pot or dutch oven. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for approximately 5 minutes to heat the meatballs through.
- Stir in the broken spaghetti noodles. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Serve warm topped with the parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Soup Recipes:
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
- Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe