This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect light and fluffy pancakes recipe. The perfect way to use your ripe bananas and create a easy and delicious breakfast.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe:
These banana chocolate chip pancakes are a family favorite. Loaded with mashed bananas giving them the best flavor. Instead of using your ripe bananas to make banana bread add them to your pancake batter.
Chocolate Chips and banana just go together and adding to your pancakes makes anyone smile. This pancake recipe would be prefect for a weekend morning breakfast or brunch. You can even make them for an easy dinner idea.
Add your favorite breakfast sides and top these pancakes with syrup. You can even add more slice bananas and chocolate chips for a fun and delicious pancake recipe.
You may also love Gingerbread Pancake Recipe.
- Ripe Bananas
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Egg beaten
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes:
- Step 1 – Stir wet ingredients with bananas, egg – Mash the bananas with a fork. Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Step 2 – Stir in dry ingredients – Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and sugar until combined.
- Step 3 – Mix the Batter – Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Step 4 – Add in Chocolate Chips – Fold in the ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Step 5 – Heat Skillet – Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 6 – Pour the Batter – Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Step 7 – Cook Pancakes – Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes. Cook until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown.
- Step 8 – Continue Cooking remaining batter – Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Milk – You can use any type of milk to make this recipe.
- Nuts – This pancake recipe would be great with nuts added. The sweet and salty combination is delicious.
- Wheat Flour – Instead of all purpose flour, make the pancakes with wheat flour instead.
- Ripe Bananas – When making this recipe, make sure to use ripe bananas. This makes the bananas sweeter and easier to mash.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – We recommend using mini chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Skillet – Prepare the skillet by preheating to medium heat and spraying with cooking spray. This prevents the pancake batter from sticking to the pan.
- Combining Ingredients – We recommend combining the ingredients in a large bowl by hand with a spatula.
- Flipping Pancakes – Once bubbles form start appearing on the top of the pancake, then it is ready to flip. It usually takes about 3-4 minutes before it is ready to flip. It will depend on your skillet how long it takes.
- Serving – I like to make all the pancake batter before serving. This way we can eat as a family. Place the finished pancakes on a platter until all the batter is made.
Pancake Topping Ideas:
Pancakes are a great breakfast item to add your favorite toppings. These are some of my favorites. You can even setup a pancake bar to everyone can create their perfect pancake.
- Maple Syrup – We love the classic taste of a maple syrup. You have not purchased real maple syrup, I recommend serving it with these pancakes.
- Butter – These pancakes are perfect served with melted butter.
- Chocolate Chips – Add more chocolate chips for added flavor and texture.
- Whipped Topping – Top these pancakes with whipped topping for a delicious addition to these chocolate pancakes.
- Fresh Fruit – You can add more slice bananas or other fresh fruit such as strawberries or blueberries.
- Powdered Sugar – Sprinkle the top with powdered with a side of fruit.
What to Serve with Banana Pancakes?
Add your favorite breakfast sides when making Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes.
- Sausage Patties
- Fresh Fruit
- Scrambled Eggs
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Can you Freeze Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze these pancakes. We recommend doubling the recipe and storing in a freezer bag to enjoy through the week.
If you need more tip and tricks, check out How to Freeze Pancakes.
How to Reheat:
When you ready to serve, place the pancakes in the microwave and reheat. I recommend heating in 20 second intervals. You can also reheat pancakes frozen.
Print Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Then stir in the milk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and sugar until combined.
- Mix until just combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Then let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray the pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the pan in approximately ¼ cup measurements. Gently spread the batter out some.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles start to form and burst on top of the batter. Flip and cook the opposite side until golden brown. Remove the pancake from the skillet to a plate. Continue this process until all the batter is used.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe