This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Cheese Stuffed Burgers is a twist on a classic cheeseburger. Take your burger patties to the next level with a shredded cheese stuffed in the patty.
Easy Cheese Stuffed Burger Recipes:
These cheese stuffed burger is just what you need to make for an easy weeknight dinner. Ground beef is mixed with simple seasoning then formed into a patty. Shredded is then placed on the patty then topped with another patty to create a delicious burger.
This recipe is not your averaged cheeseburger. It is loaded with flavor and a cheesy flavor in every bite. This is the perfect burger to make for your next BBQ or weekend dinner.
Serve with your favorite side dish for the ultimate burger experience. You may have heard this burger called the Juicy Lucy or a stuffed cheeseburger. Whatever you call it, it is sure to impress a crowd.
What is a Juicy Lucy Burger?
A Juicy Lucy Burger is basically a burger stuffed with cheese. A traditional cheeseburger is served with a slice of cheese on top. But a Juicy Lucy Burger is made with shredded cheese cooked inside.
This allows for a gooey cheese throughout the burger and with every bite. This stuffing burgers with cheese recipe will become your new favorite burger.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Lettuce Leaves
- Onion sliced
- Tomatoes sliced
- Hamburger Buns
- Condiments of your Choice: Ketchup, Mustard or Mayonnaise
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Burger:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and teaspoon garlic powder. Mix together in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Divide Ground Beef – Divide the ground beef mixture into 6 even balls.
- Step 3 – Half the Patties – Split each ball in half and form into two patties.
- Step 4 – Top with Cheese – Place approximately 2-3 tablespoons of the shredded cheese in the center of one patty. Then top with the other patty. Seal the edges by pinching them together.
- Step 5 – Melt Butter – Melt the butter in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Step 6 – Place Patties in Skillet – Place the ground beef patties in the skillet. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Step 7 – Cook – Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Step 8 – Flip Burgers – Flip the burgers and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes).
- Step 9 – Remove Patties – Remove the patties from the skillet to a separate plate.
- Step 10 – Toast Buns – Then place the buns into the skillet, cut side down for approximately 1 minute until browned. Remove the buns from the skillet.
- Step 11 – Add Condiments – Add a lettuce leaf and onions to the bottom bun of each bun.
- Step 12 – Top with Beef – Add beef to each of the hamburger buns on top of the lettuce.
- Step 13 – Serve – Then top each patty with the tomatoes and condiments of your choice. Serve warm and enjoy.
What type of Cheese do you use?
Feel free to use any type of cheese that you prefer. We recommend using quality cheese and to shred the cheese yourself. The pre-shredded cheese does not melt as well and is not quality cheese.
Feel free to use any of these options. You can even mix two or more types of cheeses.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- American Cheese
How Long Do You Cook a Stuffed Burger:
After combining the ingredients, place the stuffed burger in the skillet. Cook the patties for about 5 minutes on each side. You can use a meat thermometer to ensure your burgers are cooked completely.
Total time to cook burger is less than 15 mins.
- Thin Patties – After mixing the ground beef with the other seasoning, divide them into thin patties. Top the burger with shredded cheese. Use as much cheese as your would like. Then add another think patty and seal the edges.
- Cooking Burgers – Prepare the skillet by heating and adding melting butter. We recommend using a cast-iron skillet or other types of frying pan to cook on the stovetop.
- Serving – We recommend serving the burgers warm with your favorite side dish. Serve with French Fries, Tator Tots, or a side salad.
- Caramelized Onions – Feel free to add in caramelized onions to the burger patty. The flavor that it gives the burger is amazing.
- Grill Burgers – If you prefer, you can grill the burger instead of cooking in the skillet.
- Toppings – Feel free to change the toppings or add what you prefer. We have added bacon, slice avocado and more.
- Change the Buns – Feel free to use any type of buns in this Minnesota Burger recipe. We like using brioche buns or hamburger buns.
- Change the Meat – You can easily mix in ground turkey with the ground beef if you prefer. You can also just make this recipe with ground turkey.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Cheese Stuffed Burger:
Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder together in a bowl.
- Divide the ground beef into 6 even balls (approximately ⅓ lb each).
- Divide each ball in half and form into two patties. Place approximately 2-3 tablespoons of the shredded cheese in the center of one patty and then top with the other patty. Seal the edges by pinching them together.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Place the ground beef patties in the skillet. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes).
- Remove the patties from the skillet to a separate plate.
- Then place the buns into the skillet, cut side down for approximately 1 minute until browned. Remove the buns from the skillet.
- Add a lettuce leaf and onions to the bottom bun of each bun.
- Add beef to each of the hamburger buns on top of the lettuce.
- Then top each patty with the tomatoes and condiments of your choice. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe