This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you love lasagna and Alfredo, this Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe is one to try. The creamy and delicious sauce is the best comfort food and the slow cooker makes it the easiest meal ever.
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
We are big fans of anything with Alfredo sauce around here and lasagna is a family favorite. The only thing that makes these two things better is the crock pot does all the work. Yes, this recipe combines all of our favorite things into one amazing recipe.
Layers upon layers of flavorful sauce and tender chicken make a delicious dinner perfect for a busy family. You can enjoy this tasty dinner idea with hardly any prep work at all.
Add your favorite garlic bread and a vegetable for a complete meal. This chicken alfredo lasagna is a family favorite. The simple ingredients give it so much flavor. You might also like Crock Pot Chicken Tenders Recipe.
Do I Cook the Chicken before adding to the Slow Cooker?
Yes, you will need to have the chicken cooked prior to adding to the slow cooker. This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken or even a rotisserie chicken.
You can even prepare the chicken the day before so it is ready to make this delicious lasagna.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken
- Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cheesy Alfredo Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Minced Garlic
- Lasagna Noodles
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
This all blends together for layers of cheesy goodness.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna:
- Step 1 – Combine Cheese Mixture – The first step is to combine the cheese mixture. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese with the shredded Italian cheese blend cheese, Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
Note this mixture will be thick but that is ok.
- Step 2 – Combine alfredo sauce and water – Now, in another bowl combine both jars of alfredo sauce with water.
- Step 3 – Begin layering – Start to assemble the lasagna layers.
- Step 4 – Pour sauce and add noodles – Spread ¼ of the Alfredo sauce into the bottom the slow cooker. Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the Alfredo sauce.
You will have to break the noodles to fit depending on the crock pot size.
- Step 5 – Top with chicken – Spread ⅓ of the chicken on top of lasagna noodles.
- Step 6 – Add cheese – Then spread ⅓ of the cheese on top of the chicken and layers of noodles.
- Step 7 – Repeat Steps – Keep repeating these same steps two more times until you have used all of your ingredients. Make sure to top with the Alfredo sauce.
- Step 8 – Cover with with sauce – Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles. This will help the noodles cook properly.
- Step 9 – Top the Noodles and Sauce with Cheese – Lastly, top with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Step 10 – Slow Cook Lasagna – Cover and cook on low until noodles are tender, or al dente and cheese is melted.
- Step 11 – Serve and Enjoy – We like to season with salt and pepper and serve.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Slow Cooker Alfredo Chicken Lasagna Tips:
- Chicken – Use leftover chicken or rotisserie to layer in the lasagna. You can cook chicken breast, chicken thighs, or chicken tenders.
- Cheese – Combining the cheese mixture will be thick.
- Alfredo Sauce – We used a jar alfredo sauce, but you can definitely make your own. Use what you prefer.
- Crock Pot – We used a regular size crock pot which made us have to cut the noodles, but you can also use a casserole dish slow cooker. These come in handy for recipes such as this.
- Cooking Lasagna – This lasagna took about 3 hours to cook in our slow cooker. It will depend on your slow cooker on how long it will take to cook. Adjust the time accordingly. When the noodles are tender, your lasagna is ready to serve.
- Lasagna Noodles – The slow cooker cooks the noodles for you with the other ingredients. There is no need to cook them before.
- Baking – Instead of cooking in the slow cooker, you can bake this lasagna over medium heat, 350 degrees. Place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil and bake until noodles are tender.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Alfredo Sauce – Feel free to make Homemade Alfredo Sauce. We used the jar stuff but homemade is great too.
- Cheese – You can change the cheese to what you prefer. You can use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Use mozzarella instead of Italian cheese blend.
- Veggies – This recipe would be delicious with some spinach or chopped up peppers. Diced up broccoli would be a great addition as well.
What to Serve with Chicken Alfredo Lasagna:
- Salad – We like to serve it with a simple side salad. This chicken alfredo lasagna is rich and hearty, so I like to serve with a light side.
- Broccoli – Make some steamed broccoli for an easy side dish.
- Cheese Sticks – These Garlic Bread Cheese Sticks Recipe are must as they are perfect for dipping into the alfredo sauce. They also a great to get every last drop of sauce.
- Garlic Bread – We also like to make garlic bread for a simple side. Serve this alfredo lasagna with a side of garlic bread and salad for a delicious meal idea.
How to Shred Chicken:
Shredding chicken can easily be shredded by using a Kitchen aid Mixer. Shredding the chicken with a mixer saves you so much time.
The chicken comes out perfectly shredded and can be used in many different ways. We like to make a batch of shredded chicken at the beginning of the week and use it in different recipes.
How to Store Leftovers:
Storing leftovers is easy to do. Simply place your leftover chicken alfredo lasagna in an airtight container once it has cooled to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna will still good for about 3 – 5 days.
Print Slow Cooker Alfredo Lasagna recipe below:
Crock pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- 2 boneless skinless chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 jars Alfredo Sauce (2-15 oz jars)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 9-12 lasagna noodles (depending on your slow cooker size)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl bowl stir together the ricotta cheese with the shredded Italian cheese blend, Italian seasoning and minced garlic. Mixture will be thick.
- In another bowl, whisk together both jars of alfredo sauce with water.
- Assemble the lasagna layers: Spread ¼ of the alfredo sauce into the bottom the slow cooker. Arrange 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the alfredo sauce (break noodles to fit.)
- Spread ⅓ of the chicken on top of lasagna noodles.
- Then spread ⅓ of the cheese on top of the chicken.
- Then repeat these same steps two more times (¼ alfredo sauce, noodles, chicken, cheese mixture.) Try to make sure the alfredo sauce covers to the edge of the noodles. This will help the noodles cook properly. Then top with the remaining alfredo sauce.
- Finally top with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 ½ – 3 hours (or until noodles are tender.)
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe